Dynamics and thermodynamics of quasi-one-dimensional helium deposited on carbon nano-bundles
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The thermodynamics of monoatomic gas (helium) adsorbed on one-dimensional groove positions on carbon nanolube bundles has been investigated theoretically. The model of lattice gas type is based on account of equilibrium conditions between two subsystems: quasi-one-dimensional helium in grooves and three-dimensional helium atmosphere closed within the free volume of an experimental cell (the total amount of helium atoms in the system is taken to be constant). The analytical calculations of the energy and the heat of adsorption have been compared with the experimental data.1
- 1. T.Wilson, O.E.Vilches. Low Temp. Phys. 29, 975 (2003).
- 2. V.A.Mikheev, V.A.Slusarev, Low Temp. Phys. 7, 379 (1981).
- 3. V.A.Mikheev, V.A.Maidanov, N.P. Mikhin. Low Temp. Phys. 7, 670 (1981).
- 4. T.N. Antsygina, V.A.Slusarev, K.A.Chishko, Low Temp. Phys. 21, 453 (1995).
- 5. T.L.Hill, Statistical Mechanics, McGraw-Hill, New York (1956)
- 6. M.W.Cole, et al., Phys.Rev.Lett. 84, 3883 (2000).
- Dynamics and thermodynamics of quasi-one-dimensional helium deposited on carbon nano-bundles
Journal of Low Temperature Physics
Volume 138, Issue 1-2 , pp 223-228
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors