Barriers to Health Care for Burmese Migrants in Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The article describes barriers to health care experienced by Burmese migrants in a province of Thailand based on the experience of Medecins Sans Frontieres over the past three years. In addition to the barriers, the article makes suggestions for improving the conditions for the migrant workers.
- Sciortino, R, Punpuing, S (2009) International migration in Thailand 2009. Bangkok, International Organization for Migration
- Migrant News. Bangkok: International Organization for Migration December 2008:4.
- Thailand Burma Border Consortium. Bangkok: Internal Displacement and International Law in Eastern Burma 2008:2.
- International Rescue Committee: Life in Exile: Burmese Refugees Along the Thai-Burma Border. Bangkok: International Rescue Commission 2009:2.
- National Statistics Office: Labour Force Survey. Bangkok National Statistics Office: 1.
- Fowle, A (2009) Challenging prejudice: Thai attitudes to Burmese migrants. Oslo, Democratic Voice of Burma
- Howelss, I (2009) Economic crisis hits Southeast Asian migrant workers. Asia Chronicle News, Washington
- World Health Statistics 2010. Geneva: World Health Organization 2010: 52–53, 56–57.
- Kremp J. The Children of the Mae Sot Dump, Exploiting Thailand’s Burmese Refugees: Der Spiegel 11/05/2007.
- Pearson, E (2006) The Mekong challenge, underpaid, overworked and overloaded the realities of young migrant workers in Thailand.. International Organization for Migration, Bangkok
- Médecins Sans Frontières Belgium Phang Nga project statistics 2007–2008.
- World Health Statistics 2010. Geneva: World Health Organization 2010:68–69.
- Administration department of employment. Ministry of Labour, Bangkok
- Thailand—Plight of Burmese Migrant Workers: The Lawyers Council of Thailand 2007:1.
- PHAMIT. Bangkok: PHAMIT Achievement. Five years in Brief 2009:4.
- Srithamrongsawat, S, Wisessang, R, Ratjaroenkhajorn, S (2009) Financing healthcare for migrants: a case study from Thailand. International Organization for Migration, Bangkok
- Barriers to Health Care for Burmese Migrants in Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health
Volume 13, Issue 5 , pp 970-973
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Migrant health
- Burmese migrants
- Barriers to health care
- Industry Sectors