Existence of Solutions of Generalized Vector Variational Inequalities in Reflexive Banach Spaces
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The purpose of this paper is to study the solvability for a class of generalized vector variational inequalities in reflexive Banach spaces. Utilizing the KKM-Fan lemma and the Nadler’s result, we prove the solvability results for this class of generalized vector variational inequalities for monotone vector multifuctions. On the other hand, we first introduce the concepts of complete semicontinuity and strong semicontinuity for vector multifunctions. Then we prove the solvability for this class of generalized vector variational inequalities without monotonicity assumption by using these concepts and by applying the Brouwer fixed point theorem. The results in this paper are extension and improvement of the corresponding results in Huang and Fang (2006).
- L. Brouwer, Zur Invarianz des n-dimensional Gebietes. Mathematische Annalen 71 (1912) 305-313 CrossRef
- G.Y. Chen, Vector variational inequality and its applications for multiobjective optimization. Chinese Science Bulletin 34 (1989) 969-972
- G.Y. Chen, Existence of solutions for a vector variational inequality: An extension of Hartman-Stampacchia theorem. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 74 (1992) 445-456 CrossRef
- G.Y. Chen and X.Q. Yang, The vector complementarity problem and its equivalences with the weak minimal element. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 153 (1990) 136-158 CrossRef
- K. Fan, A generalization of Tychonoff’s fixed-point theorem. Mathematische Annalen 142 (1961) 305-310 CrossRef
- F. Giannessi, Theorems of alternative, quadratic programs and complementarity problems. In: R.W. Cottle, F. Giannessi and L.J.L. Lions (eds.) Variational Inequalities and Complementarity Problems.. New York: Wiley & Sons (1980) pp.
- F. Giannessi, Vector Variational Inequalities and Vector Equilibria. Dordrechet, Holland: Kluwer Academic Publisher (2000).
- F. Giannessi and A. Maugeri, Variational Inequalities and Network Equilibrium Problems. New York: Plenum Press (1995).
- Huang, N.J. and Fang, Y.P. (2005), On vector variational inequalities in reflexive banach spaces, Journal of Global Optimization(to appear).
- I.V. Konnov and J.C. Yao, On the generalized vector variational inequality problems. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 206 (1997) 42-58 CrossRef
- T.C. Lai and J.C. Yao, Existence results for VVIP. Applied Mathematical Letters 9 (1996) 17-19 CrossRef
- S.B. Nadler Jr, Multi-valued contraction mappings. Pacific Journal of Mathematics 30 (1969) 475-488
- A.H. Siddiqi, Q.H. Ansari and A. Khaliq, On vector variational inequalities.. journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 84 (1995) 171-180 CrossRef
- X.Q. Yang, Vector complementarity and minimal element problems. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 77 (1993) 483-495 CrossRef
- X.Q. Yang, Vector variational inequality and vector pseudolinear optimization. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 95 (1997) 729-734 CrossRef
- X.Q. Yang and C.J. GOH, On vector variational inequality application to vector traffic equilibria. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 95 (1997) 431-443 CrossRef
- S.J. Yu and J.C. Yao, On vector variational inequalities. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 89 (1996) 749-769 CrossRef
- Existence of Solutions of Generalized Vector Variational Inequalities in Reflexive Banach Spaces
Journal of Global Optimization
Volume 36, Issue 4 , pp 483-497
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Brouwer fixed point theorem
- Complete semicontinuity
- Generalized vector variational inequalities
- Hausdorff metric
- KKM-Fan lemma
- Industry Sectors