Laws governing the fragmentation of a droplet in a high-speed stream
- A. G. Girin
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A common solution of the equations of ablation and motion of a droplet undergoing fragmentation in a homogeneous high-speed gas stream is obtained. Based on the approximate solution of the equation for the quantity of torn off droplets, an expression for the droplet size distribution function corresponding to these laws has been found. A comparison of the results of calculations carried out for the obtained distribution function with the same calculations for the earlier found function with the use of the empirical law of droplet motion points to their satisfactory agreement.
- A. G. Girin, Equations of the kinetics of droplet fragmentation in a high-speed gas flow, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 84, No. 2, 248–254 (2011).
- A. G. Girin, Distribution of dispersed droplets in fragmentation of the drop in a high-velocity gas flow, Inzh.- Fiz. Zh., 84, No. 4, 805–812 (2011).
- V. V. Mitrofanov, Equation of liquid droplet deformation in a gas flow behind a shock wave, in: Dynamic Problems of Continuum Mechanics, Issue 39, 76–87, Novosibirsk (1979).
- G. A. Simons, Acceleration and deformation of a droplet, Raketn. Tekh. Kosmonavt., 14, No. 2, 178–180 (1976).
- K. A. Gordin, A. G. Istratov, and V. B. Librovich, Concerning the kinetics of liquid droplet deformation and disintegration in a gas flow, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 1, 8–16 (1969).
- M. S. Volynskii and A. S. Lipatov, Deformation and disintegration of liquid droplets in a gas flow, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 18, No. 5, 838–843 (1970).
- W. G. Reinecke and G. D. Waldman, Shock layer shattering of cloud drops in reentry flight, AIAA Paper, No. 152 (1975).
- I. S. Gradshtein and I. M. Ryzhik, Tables of Integrals, Sums, Series, and Products [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1971).
- Laws governing the fragmentation of a droplet in a high-speed stream
Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics
Volume 84, Issue 5 , pp 1009-1015
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- fragmenting droplet
- laws of motion and ablation
- daughter droplets
- size distribution function
- Industry Sectors
- A. G. Girin (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Odessa National Marine University, 34 Mechnikov Str., Odessa, 65029, Ukraine