Rheological studies of high-concentration cellulose sulfate-acetate solutions
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
With the method of homogeneous synthesis, various salt forms of cellulose sulfate-acetate containing Li+, Na+, K+, Ca2+, Mg2+, Zn2+, and Co2+ as compensating cations have been obtained. The flow curves, the concentration and temperature dependences of the shear viscosity of aqueous solutions of cellulose sulfate-acetate have a form characteristic of liquid-crystal systems. For solutions of all salts except for potassium salt, spontaneous formation of the anisotropic phase in the form of individual spherulites, spherulite bands, structures of the fingerprint type, and other more complex formations has been registered. A new hydrodynamic criterion that permits predicting the realization of lyotropic mesomorphism in solutions of cellulose derivatives is proposed.
- Werbowyj, R. S., Gray, D. G. (1976) Liquid crystalline structure in aqueous hydroxypropyl cellulose solutions. Mol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst. Lett. 34: pp. 97-103
- Kulichikhin, V. G., Malkin, A. E., Papkov, S. P. (1984) Rheological properties of liquid-crystal polymer systems. Vysokomolek. Soed. A 26: pp. 451-471
- Platé, N. A. (1988) Liquid-Crystal Polymers. Khimiya, Moscow
- D. D. Grinshpan, Yu. G. Emel’yanov, and F. N. Kaputskii, Homogeneous synthesis of cellulose ethers in nonaqueous solutions of cellulose, Khim. Drevesiny, No. 1, 30–35 (1987).
- Dibrov, A. G., Matveev, V. S. eds. (1986) Analytic Monitoring of the Production of Artificial Fibers. Khimiya, Moscow
- Rafikov, S. R., Pavlova, S. A., Tverdokhlebova, I. I. (1963) Methods of Determination of Molecular Weights and Polydispersivity of High-Molecular Compounds. Izd. AN SSSR, Moscow
- Orleneva, A. G., Korolev, B. A., Litmanovich, A. A. (1998) Specific features of the rheological behavior of aqueous solutions of poly-N,N-dimethylammonium chloride. Vysokomolek. Soed. A 40: pp. 1179-1185
- V. G. Kulihcikhin and L. K. Golova, Liquid-crystal state of cellulose and its derivatives, Khim. Drevesiny, No. 3, 9–27 (1985).
- Kulichikhin, V. G., Papkov, S. P. (1977) Liquid-Crystal State of Polymers. Khimiya, Moscow
- Papkov, S. P. (1982) Estimation of the value of the Kuhn segment of rigid-chain polymers by the viscous properties of diluted solutions. Vysokomolek. Soed. B 24: pp. 869-873
- Rheological studies of high-concentration cellulose sulfate-acetate solutions
Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics
Volume 78, Issue 5 , pp 878-884
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Consultants Bureau
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors