Structural, thermodynamical and optical properties of Cu2-II-IV-VI4 quaternary compounds
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The Cu2-II-IV-VI4 compounds (II = Zn, Cd; IV = Si, Ge, Sn; VI = S, Se, Te) with a tetrahedral coordinated structure have been investigated, as compared with the results of the products synthesized from respective elemental mixtures. These crystal structures and melting points are determined, using differential thermal analysis and powder X-ray diffraction, respectively. The optical band gaps of these balk crystals grown by the horizontal gradient freezing or Iodine transport method are also measured by optical absorption. These melting points, lattice constants and band gaps are found to vary linearly with increasing of mean atomic weight, and can be established from the empirical equations.
- B. R. PAMPLIN, J. Phys. Chem. Solids 25 (1964) 675.
- M. BÖHM, G. HUBER, A. MACKINNON, O. MADELUNG, A. SCHARMANN and E.-G. SCHARMER, Landolt-Börnstein, New Serious, Group III, Volume 17h: Physics of Ternary Compounds (1985).
- R. NITSCHE, D. F. SARGENT and P. WILD, J. Cryst. Growth 1 (1967) 52.
- H. MATSUSHITA, T. MAEDA, A. KATSUI and T. TAKIZAWA, ibid. 208 (2000) 416.
- N. NAKAYAMA and K. ITO, Appl. Surf. Sci. 92 (1996) 171.
- T. M. FRIEDLMEIER, H. DITTRICH and H.-W. SCHOCK, Inst. Phys. Conf. Ser. No 152: Proc. 11th ICTMC (Salford, 1997) p. 345.
- S. NOMURA, S. ENDO and T. IRIE, Electron. Commun. Jpn., Part 2 71 (1988) 101.
- H. MATSUSHITA, S. ENDO and T. IRIE, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 30 (1991) 1181.
- Powder Diffraction File (Joint Committee on Powder Diffraction Standards, Swarthmore).
- F. IZUMI, “The Rietved Method,” edited by R. A. Young (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1993), Chap. 13; Y.-I. KIM and F. IZUMI, J. Chem. Soc. Jpn. 102 (1994) 401.
- Structural, thermodynamical and optical properties of Cu2-II-IV-VI4 quaternary compounds
Journal of Materials Science
Volume 40, Issue 8 , pp 2003-2005
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors