Antireflecting coating from Ta2O5 and SiO2 multilayer films
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Sol-gel method is important for depositing antireflective coating that allows control over thickness as well as the index of refraction. Antireflective coatings which are produced from Ta2O5 and SiO2 multi-layer thin films using sol-gel spin coating method are presented. The refractive index and the thickness are controlled by the composition and the concentration of the solution respectively. The thickness, refractive index and extinction coefficient of the films were calculated through transmission and reflection measurement by an NKD analyser. Mechanical properties of the films were checked by the cross tape test and dry sun test at 760 W/m2. The result shows that the sample heat treated at 450∘C for 15 min approaches a reflectance with less than 0.5% at around 840 nm.
- K. ABE, Y. SANADA and T. MORIMOTO, J. Sol-Gel Sci. Techn. 22 (2001) 151. CrossRef
- P. NOSTELL, A. ROOS and B. KARLSON, Thin Solid Films 351 (1999) 170. CrossRef
- F. FUBIO, J. DENIS, J. M. ALBELLA and J. M. M. DUART, Thin Solid Films 90 (1982) 405.
- T. J. REHG, J. A. O. TAPIA and B. G. HIGGINS, Appl. Opt. 28 (1989) 5215.
- M. LANGLET, M. BURGOS, C. COUTIER, C. JIMENEZ, C. MORANT and M. MANSO, J. Sol-Gel Sci. Techn. 22 (2001) 139. CrossRef
- Q. ZHANG, J. WANG, G. WU, J. SHEN and S. BUDDHUDU, Mater. Chem. Phys. 72 (2001) 56. CrossRef
- M. MENNIG, P. W. OLIVIERA and H. SCHMIDT, Thin Solid Films 351 (1999) 99.
- G. S. VICENTE, A. MORALES and M. T. GUTIERREZ, Thin Solid Films 391 (2001) 133.
- M. S. W. VONG and P. A. SERMON, Thin Solid Films 293 (1997) 185.
- A. THELEN, in “Design of Optical Interference Coatings” (Mc-Graw Hill, New York, 1989) p.14.
- F. L. PEDROTTI and L. S. PEDROTTI, in “Introduction to Optics” (Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 1993) p.392.
- F. Z. TEPEHAN, F. E. GHODSI, N. OZER and G. G. TEPEHAN, Solar Energy Mater. Solar Cells 46 (1997) 311. CrossRef
- Antireflecting coating from Ta2O5 and SiO2 multilayer films
Journal of Materials Science
Volume 40, Issue 6 , pp 1363-1366
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Physics, Faculty of Science and Letters, Yildiz Technical University, Davutpasa, Topkapi, 34210, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2. Department of Physics, Faculty of Science and Letters, Istanbul Technical University, Maslak, 34469, Istanbul, Turkey