The Basic Constructive Logic for Negation-Consistency
- Gemma Robles
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this paper, consistency is understood in the standard way, i.e. as the absence of a contradiction. The basic constructive logic BKc4, which is adequate to this sense of consistency in the ternary relational semantics without a set of designated points, is defined. Then, it is shown how to define a series of logics by extending BKc4 up to minimal intuitionistic logic. All logics defined in this paper are paraconsistent logics.
- Méndez J.M. (1987). Axiomatizing E→ and R→ with Anderson and Belnap’s ‘strong and natural’ list of valid entailments. Bulletin of the Section of Logic 16, 2–10
- Priest, G., & Tanaka, K. (2004). Paraconsistent Logic. In E. N. Zalta (Ed.), The Standford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Winter 2004 Edition. URL: http://plato.stanford.edu/archives/win2004/entries/logic-paraconsistent/.
- Robles G., Méndez J.M. (2004). The logic B and the reductio axioms. Bulletin of the Section of Logic 33(2): 87–94
- Robles, G., & Méndez, J. M. (2007). The basic constructive logic for a weak sense of consistency. Journal of Logic Language and Information. DOI 10.1007/s10849-007-9042-5.
- Robles, G., & Méndez, J. M. (In preparation). The basic constructive logic for an even weaker sense of consistency.
- Robles G., Méndez J.M., Salto F. (2005). Minimal negation in the ternary relational semantics. Reports on Mathematical Logic 39, 47–65
- Robles, G., Méndez, J. M., & Salto, F. (2007). Relevance logics, paradoxes of consistency and the K rule, Logique et Analyse, 198, 129–145. (An abstract of this paper presented at the Logic Colloquium 2006, Nijmegen, Holland, 27 July – 2 August 2006).
- Routley, R. et al. (1982). Relevant Logics and their Rivals, vol. 1. Atascadero, CA: Ridgeview Publishing Co.
- Slaney, J. (1995). MaGIC, Matrix Generator for Implication Connectives: Version 2.1, Notes and Guide. Canberra: Australian National University.
- The Basic Constructive Logic for Negation-Consistency
Journal of Logic, Language and Information
Volume 17, Issue 2 , pp 161-181
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Constructive negation
- Substructural logics
- Ternary relational semantics
- Paraconsistent logic
- Gemma Robles (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Los Osorios, 13, 4I 24007, Leon, Spain