The basic constructive logic for a weak sense of consistency
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this paper, consistency is understood as the absence of the negation of a theorem, and not, in general, as the absence of any contradiction. We define the basic constructive logic BKc1 adequate to this sense of consistency in the ternary relational semantics without a set of designated points. Then we show how to define a series of logics extending BKc1 within the spectrum delimited by contractionless minimal intuitionistic logic. All logics defined in the paper are paraconsistent logics.
- Méndez J.M., Salto F. (2000) Intuitionistic propositional logic without contraction but with reductio. Studia Logica 66: 409–418 CrossRef
- Méndez J.M., Salto F., Robles G. (2002) Anderson and Belnap’s minimal implicative logic with minimal negation. Reports on Mathematical Logic 36: 117–130
- Priest, G., & Tanaka, K. (2004). Paraconsistent logic. In Zalta, E. N. (Ed.), The Standford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Winter 2004 Edition. URL:http://plato.stanford.edu/archives/win2004/entries/logic-paraconsistent/.
- Robles, G., & Méndez, J. M. (2005, March). On defining constructive negation in logics of entailment. Paper presented at the 1st World Congress on Universal Logic, Montreux, Switzerland.
- Robles, G., Méndez, J. M., & Salto, F. (2007). Relevance logics, paradoxes of consistency and the K rule. Logique et Analyse, 50, number 198, to appear in June. (An abstract of this paper was presented at the Logic Colloquium 2006, Nijmegen (The Netherlands), July 27–August 2).
- Routley, R., et al. (1982). Relevant logics and their rivals, vol. 1. Atascadero, CA: Ridgeview Publishing Co..
- Slaney, J. (1995). MaGIC, matrix generator for implication connectives: Version 2.1, notes and guide. Canberra: Australian National University.
- The basic constructive logic for a weak sense of consistency
Journal of Logic, Language and Information
Volume 17, Issue 1 , pp 89-107
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Constructive negation
- Substructural logics
- Ternary relational semantics
- Paraconsistent Logic