Novel Applications in Catheter Ablation
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Catheter based treatment of arrhythmia has gained significant attention during the last two decades. Due to the explosive development in ablation treatment of atrial fibrillation, huge interest in new tools was born to help in the atrial fibrillation ablation procedures. The aim of this review is to describe the role of these novel techniques and tools aimed at improving the implementation of catheter based ablations of atrial arrhythmias by focusing on the use of intra-cardiac echocardiogram and robotic navigation.
- Bruce CJ, Packer DL, Seward JB. Transvascular imaging: Feasibility study using a vector phased array ultrasound catheter. Echocardiography 1999;16:425–430.
- Epstein LM ST, TenHoff H. Nonfluoroscopic transseptal catheterization: Safety and efficacy of intracardiac echocardiographic guidance. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 1998;9:625–630.
- Citro RDV, Salustri A, Santoro M, Salierno M, Gregorio G. Intracardiac echocardiography to guide transseptal catheterization for radiofrequency catheter ablation of left-sided accessory pathways: Two case reports. Cardiovasc Ultrasound 2004;2:20. CrossRef
- Marrouche NF DT, Cole C, Bash D, Saad E, Balaban K, Pavia SV, Schweikert R, Saliba W, Abdul-Karim A, Pisano E, Fanelli R, Tchou P, Natale A. Circular mapping and ablation of the pulmonary vein for treatment of atrial fibrillation: Impact of different catheter technologies. J Am Coll Cardiol 2003;40:464–474. CrossRef
- Saad EB RA, Saad CP, Martin DO, Bhargava M, Erciyes D, Bash D, Williams-Andrews M, Beheiry S, Marrouche NF, Adams J, Pisano E, Fanelli R, Potenza D, Raviele A, Bonso A, Themistoclakis S, Brachmann J, Saliba WI, Schweikert RA, Natale A. Pulmonary vein stenosis after radiofrequency ablation of atrial fibrillation: Functional characterization, evolution, and influence of the ablation strategy. Circulation 2003;108:3102–3107. CrossRef
- Atul verma M, Nassir F. Marrouche, MD, Andrea Natale, MD. Pulmonary vein antrum isolation: Intracardiac echocardiogram—guided technique. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 2004;15:1335–1340. CrossRef
- Martin RE EK, Lau YR, Hall JA, Kay GN, Shepard RK, Nixon JV, Wood MA. Phased-array intracardiac echocardiography during pulmonary vein isolation and linear ablation for atrial fibrillation. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 2002;13:873–879. CrossRef
- Sabine Ernst MFO; Christian Linder; Klaus Hertting; Fabian Stahl, Julian Chun MHH; Dietmar Bänsch, Matthias Antz MK-HK. Initial experience with remote catheter ablation using a novel magnetic navigation system magnetic remote catheter ablation. Circulation 2004;109:1472–1475. CrossRef
- Novel Applications in Catheter Ablation
Journal of Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology
Volume 13, Issue 1 Supplement, pp 17-21
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Catheter Ablation
- Intracardiac Echocardiogram
- Robotic Navigation
- Industry Sectors