Toward a Libertarian Theory of Evictionism
- Walter E. Block
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
There are not two but rather three views regarding the issue of abortion. The first two, pro life and pro choice, are well known. The present paper is dedicated to an elucidation of the third, evictionism. In this perspective, the pregnant woman is allowed to evict her unwanted fetus, but, if it is viable outside of the womb, she is not legally permitted, also, to put it to death, as would apply to abortion. In other words, abortion combines two very different acts, eviction and murder, and only the former is licit, under libertarian law.
- Beutler, B. (2011). Rand Paul: I have less choice in toilets than women have in abortions. Retrieved March 10, 2011, from http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/03/rand-paul-i-have-less-choice-in-toilets-than-women-have-in-abortions-video.php.
- Block, W. E. (1976). Defending the undefendable. Auburn, AL: The Mises Institute. Retrieved from http://mises.org/books/defending.pdf.
- Block, W. E. (2011). Response to Wisniewski on abortion, round three. Libertarian papers (Vol. 3, Art. 37). Retrieved from http://libertarianpapers.org/2011/37-block-response-to-wisniewski-on-abortion/.
- Block, W. E., & Barnett II, W. (2008). Continuums. Journal Etica e Politica/Ethics & Politics, 1, 151–166. Retrieved June, from http://www2.units.it/~etica/2008_1/BLOCKBARNETT.pdf.
- Block, W. E., & Whitehead, R. (2005). Compromising the uncompromisable: A private property rights approach to resolving the abortion controversy. Appalachian Law Review, 4(2), 1–45. Retrieved from http://www.walterblock.com/wp-content/uploads/publications/block-whitehead_abortion-2005.pdf.
- DeMarco, D (2003) Peter Singer: Architect of the culture of death. Social Justice Review 94: pp. 154-157
- Hoppe, H (1993) The economics and ethics of private property: Studies in political economy and philosophy. Kluwer, Boston CrossRef
- Huebert, J (2010) Libertarianism today. Praeger, Santa Barbara, CA
- McClarey, D. R. (2011). Rand Paul, abortion and toilets. The American Catholic. Retrieved March 10, 2011, from http://the-american-catholic.com/2011/03/11/rand-paul-abortion-and-toilets/.
- Parish, R (1996) Killing people: Peter Singer on life and death. Agenda 3: pp. 359-366
- Paul, R. (2011). Testimony on feminists’ inconsistency on pro choice. Retrieved from http://blog.mises.org/15982/who-is-the-friend-of-the-consumer/.
- Rothbard, M. N. (1998/1982). The ethics of liberty. New York: New York University Press. Retrieved from http://www.mises.org/rothbard/ethics/ethics.asp.
- Singer, P (1996) Rethinking life and death: The collapse of our traditional ethics. St. Martin’s Griffin, Melbourne
- Williams, M. E. (2011). Rand Paul is pro-choice for toilets: The senator gives a stunning rant against energy efficiency and reproductive choice. Salon. Retrieved March 11, 2011, from http://www.salon.com/entertainment/tv/feature/2011/03/11/rand_paul_anti_choice_pro_toilet.
- Wisniewski, J. B. (2011). Response to block on abortion, round three. Retrieved from http://libertarianpapers.org/2011/6-winiewski-response-to-block-on-abortion-round-three/.
- Toward a Libertarian Theory of Evictionism
Journal of Family and Economic Issues
Volume 35, Issue 2 , pp 290-294
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Pro life
- Pro choice
- Industry Sectors
- Walter E. Block (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Joseph A. Butt, S.J. College of Business, Loyola University New Orleans, 6363 St. Charles Avenue, Box 15, Miller Hall 318, New Orleans, LA, 70118, USA