Big change question
- Anne Jasman
- … show all 1 hide
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Dr. Anne Jasman is currently employed as a Policy Adviser for the General Teaching Council for England. The views expressed in this article are not endorsed by the Council and reflect Anne’s previous experience of teaching and research on initial and continuing teacher education and professional development carried out within British, US and Australian Higher Education Institutions over a period of 30 years.
- Caldwell, B., & Spinks, J. (1998). Beyond the self-managing school. London: Falmer Press.
- Cuttance, P. (2001). The impact of teachers on student learning. In K. Kennedy (Ed.), Beyond the rhetoric: Building a teaching profession to support quality teaching (pp. 35–55). Deakin, ACT: Australian College of Education. College Yearbook 2001.
- General Teaching Council for England (2006a). Statement of values and practice. http://www.gtce.org.uk/standards/disc/
- General Teaching Council for England (2006b). Teaching. London: General Teaching Council. http://www.gtce.org.uk/gtcpublications/gtcmagazine_autumn2006/
- Hay McBer (2000). Research into teacher effectiveness: A model of teacher effectiveness. London: Department for Education and Employment.
- Istance, D. (2001). Teacher quality and schools in the future. Teacher Professionalism Special Edition Occasional Paper No. 70. Jolimont, Vic: Independent Association of Registered Teachers of Victoria.
- Mitchell, C., & Sackney, L. (2001). Profound improvement: Building capacity for a learning community. Lisse, The Netherlands: Swets & Zeitlinger.
- OECD (1998). Teachers for tomorrow’s schools. Paris: OECD.
- OECD (2001). Teachers for tomorrow’s schools: Analysis of world education indicators. Paris: OECD.
- Ramsey, G. (2000). Quality matters. Revitalising teaching: Critical times, critical choices. Sydney: NSW Department of Education.
- Rewards and Incentives Group (2006). Performance Management and Guidance for Teachers and Head Teachers. Accessed 23 October 2006, http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/_doc/10405/PM%20Guidance%20October%202006.pdf.
- Big change question
Journal of Educational Change
Volume 8, Issue 1 , pp 85-90
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Anne Jasman (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. General Teaching Council for England, Whittington House, 19–30 Alfred Place, London, WC1E 7EA, UK