Synthesis and sintering properties of (La0.8Ca0.2−x Sr x )CrO3 perovskite materials for SOFC interconnect
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Synthesis and sintering properties of the (La0.8Ca0.2−x Sr x )CrO3 samples doped by two alkaline earth metals in comparison to the doped only by one alkaline earth metal were evaluated by phase analysis, sintering properties, thermal expansion behaviors, and electrical conductivity. The sintered (La0.8Ca0.2−x Sr x )CrO3 (x = 0, 0.05, and 0.1) and (La0.8Ca0.2−x Sr x )CrO3 (x = 0.2) were found to have orthorhombic and rhombohedral symmetries, respectively. Relative density of the (La0.8Sr0.2)CrO3 sample sintered at 1500∘C for 5 h was lower than that of the (La0.8Ca0.2−x Sr x )CrO3 (x = 0, 0.05, and 0.1) sample. TECs of the (La0.8Ca0.2−x Sr x )CrO3 (x = 0, 0.05, 0.1, and 0.2) in air were 11 × 10−6/∘C, 11.2 × 10−6/∘C, 11.2 × 10−6/∘C, and 11.3 × 10−6/∘C, respectively. The electric conductivity of the (La0.8Ca0.2−x Sr x )CrO3 sample was determined.
- N. Sakai, T. Kawada, H. Yokokawa, M. Dokiya, and I. Kojima, J. Am. Ceramic Soc., 76(3), 609 (1993). CrossRef
- D.B. Meadowcroft, Brit. J. Appl. Phys. (J. Phys. D), 2, 1225 (1969).
- Lone-Wen Tai and Paul A. Lessing, J. Mater. Res., 7(2), 511 (1992).
- M. Mori, Y. Hiei, and N.M. Sammes, Solid State Ionics, 135, 743 (2000). CrossRef
- S.W. Paulik, S. Baskaran, and T.R. Armstrong, J. Mat. Sci., 33, 2397–2404 (1998). CrossRef
- D.H. Peck, M. Miller, and K. Hilpert, J. Electrochem Soc., 148(6), A657 (2001). CrossRef
- H. Yokokawa, N. Sakai, T. Kawada, and M. Dokiya, J. Electrochem. Soc., 138(4), 1018 (1991) CrossRef
- D.P. Karim and A.T. Aldred, Phys. Rev., B(20), 2255 (1979).
- I.G. Austin and N.F. Motto, Adv. Phys., 53, 439 (1969).
- W. Schafer and R. Schmidberger, High Tech Ceramics (Elsevier Science Publishers B.V., Amsterdam, 1987), p. 1737.
- Synthesis and sintering properties of (La0.8Ca0.2−x Sr x )CrO3 perovskite materials for SOFC interconnect
Journal of Electroceramics
Volume 17, Issue 2-4 , pp 729-733
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Ceramic interconnect
- (La0.8Ca0.2−x Sr x )CrO3
- Solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC)
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Korea Institute of Energy Research (KIER), P.O. Box 103, Yuseong, Daejeon, 305-343, Korea
- 2. Dept. of Ceramic Eng., Yonsei University, Shinchon, Seoul, 120-749, Korea
- 3. Research Centre Jülich, Institute for Materials and Processes in Energy Systems, 52425, Jülich, Germany