For Oscar Glory Or Oscar Money?
- Eva DeuchertAffiliated withInstitute for Economic Research, Albert Ludwigs Universität Freiburg Email author
- , Kossi AdjamahAffiliated withInstitute for Economic Research, Albert Ludwigs Universität Freiburg
- , Florian PaulyAffiliated withInstitute for Economic Research, Albert Ludwigs Universität Freiburg
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper investigates the effect of Oscar nominations and awards on movies’ financial success by estimating the impact on weekly returns and on movies’ survival time. Our findings suggest that nominations for Oscars generate substantial extra revenues, while winning an award contributes only little to this extra rent.
KeywordsAcademy Awards blockbusters motion pictures superstars
- For Oscar Glory Or Oscar Money?
Journal of Cultural Economics
Volume 29, Issue 3 , pp 159-176
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Academy Awards
- motion pictures
- Industry Sectors