Evaluation of Urine Toxicology Screens in an Oocyte Donor Population
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Purpose:To assess the accuracy of drug self-reporting in oocyte donors.
Methods:Retrospective chart review of donors at Stanford University.
Results:7% of the donor population had a significant positive urine toxicology screen.
Conclusions:Donors may not fully disclose details of drug use, so urine toxicology screening should be considered in this patient population.
- Legros R, Shackleford D, Moessner J, Gnatuk C, Dodson W: ART in women 40 and over, Is the cost worth it? J Reprod Med 1997;42:76– 82
- Pettee D, Weckstein L: A survey of parental attitudes toward oocyte donation. Hum Reprod 1993;8:1963– 1965
- Lindheim S, Sauer M: Expectations of recipient couples awaiting an anonymous oocyte donor match. J Assist Reprod Genet 1998;15:444– 446
- Kalfoglou A, Geller G: A follow-up study with oocyte donors exploring their experiences, knowledge, and attitudes about the use of their oocytes and the outcome of the donation. Fertil Steril 2000;74:660– 667
- Lessor R, Cervantes N, O’Connor N, Balmaceda J, Asch R: An analysis of social and psychological characteristics of women volunteering to become oocyte donors. Fertil Steril 1993;59:65– 71
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Results from the 2001 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse: Vol. I. Summary of National Findings. Office of Applied Studies, NHSDA series H-17, DHHS publication No. SMA02-3758, MD Rockville, 2002
- Forman R, Gilmour-White S, Forman N: Drug-induced infertility and sexual dysfunction. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1996
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine: Guidelines for gamete and embryo donation. Fertil Steril 2002;77 (Suppl 5):s6– s8
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine. Guidelines for gamete and embryo donation. Fertil Steril 2002;77 (Suppl 5):s11– s12
- Evaluation of Urine Toxicology Screens in an Oocyte Donor Population
Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics
Volume 22, Issue 2 , pp 101-102
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- oocyte donor
- toxicology screening
- Industry Sectors