Speckle optical monitoring of blood microcirculation for different types of treatment of the vascular system
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We have studied correlations between the changes in the characteristics of the speckle field (spectral power, bandpass coefficient) and variations in blood microcirculation in different areas of the skin for different types of treatment. We have established that the properties of the photosensitizer have a considerable effect on the mechanism and dynamics of development of photosensitized damage to blood vessels. Comparison of photosensitized disturbances of the blood microcirculation when using chlorin e6 and the dimethyl ester of chlorin e6 showed that the dimethylester of chlorin e6 is a more effective sensitizer for selective damage to the vascular system of the target tissue in photodynamic treatment. With the goal of developing a noninvasive speckle optical method for monitoring the status of the vascular system of the skin, we have designed a Speckle Scan device, the operation of which is based on analysis of the parameters of the dynamic speckle field created by reflection and scattering of the probing laser radiation by biological tissues.
- V. H. Fingar, T. J. Wieman, S. A. Wiehle, and P. B. Cerrito, Cancer Res., 52, 4914–4921 (1992).
- C. Hendrich, G. Hüttmann, C. Lehnert, H. Diddens, and W. E. Siebert, Knee Surg. Sports Traumatol. Arthrosc., 5, 58–63 (1997). CrossRef
- B. C. Reeves, S. P. Harding, J. Langham, R. Grieve, K. Tomlin, J. Walker, C. Guerriero, J. Carpenter, W. P. Patton, K. A. Muldrew, T. Peto, and U. Chakravarthy, Health Technol. Assessment, 16, No. 6, 1–200 (2012).
- V. Rajan, B. Varghese, T. G. van Leeuwen, and W. Steenbergen, Las. Med. Sci., 24, 269–283 (2009). CrossRef
- D. Briers, Physiol. Meas., 22, R35–R66 (2001). CrossRef
- D. D. Duncan and S. J. Kirkpatrick, J. Opt. Soc. Am.: Opt. Image Sci. Vis., 25, 2088–2094 (2008). CrossRef
- V. P. Ryabukho, Sorosovskii Obrazovat. Zh., 7, 102–109 (2001).
- V. V. Barun, A. P. Ivanov, A. V. Volotovskaya, and V. S. Ulashchik, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 74, 391–398 (2007).
- N. Fomin, C. Fuentes, J.-B. Saulnier, J.-L. Tuhault, Las. Phys., 11, 525–529 (2001).
- M. Draijer, E. Hondebrink, T. van Leeuwen, and W. Steenbergen, Las. Med. Sci., 24, 639–651 (2009). CrossRef
- S. P. Rubnikovich and L. N. Dedova, Parodontologiya (Rossiya), 3, 12–16 (2011).
- Y. Aizu and T. Asakura, J. Biomed. Opt., 4, 61–75 (1999). CrossRef
- S. K. Dick, A. S. Tserakh, I. I. Khludeyev, N. I. Shastnaya, A. V. Smirnov, and N. V. Voichenko, Izv. Gomel′sk. Gos. Univ. Estestv. Nauki, 69, No. 6, 56–62 (2011).
- I. I. Khludeyev, I. E. Kravchenko, and V. P. Zorin, Dokl. Bel. Gos. Univ. Inform. Radioélektron., Nos. 3, 57, 18–24 (2011).
- E. S. Akarachkova and I. A. Zaitseva, Consilium Medicum. Nevrologiya, Revmatologiya, No. 2, 45–47 (2011).
- M. Stücker, T. Reuther, K. Hoffmann, B. Aicher, and P. Altmeyer, Skin Res. Technol., 2, 12–17 (1996). CrossRef
- V. P. Zorin, I. I. Khludeyev, I. E. Kravchenko, and A. S. Portyanko, Vesn. Grodzensk. Dzyarzh. Univ. imya Yanki Kupaly. Ser. 2. Matématyka, Fizika, Infarmatyka, Vylichal′naya Tékhnika, Kiravanne, Biyalogiya, No. 1, 64, 25–29 (2008).
- S. Dick, I. Khludeyev, L. Vasilevskaya, and V. Zorin, Z. Med. Phys., 19, 90–96 (2009). CrossRef
- Speckle optical monitoring of blood microcirculation for different types of treatment of the vascular system
Journal of Applied Spectroscopy
Volume 80, Issue 2 , pp 299-304
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- speckle optical method
- vascular system
- photodynamic treatment