Optical and Photoelectric Properties of CuGa5Te8 Single Crystals and In/p-CuGa5Te8 Structures
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The transmission spectra of CuGa5Te8 single crystals grown by the Bridgman method at temperatures of 10–300 K have been measured in the region of their intrinsic absorption edge. The energy-gap width of CuGa5Te8 single crystals has been determined, and its temperature dependence has been constructed. Photosensitive, surface-barrier In/p-CuGa5Te8 structures were formed for the first time on the basis of the indicated single crystals, and their photoelectric properties were investigated. It is shown that these structures can be used as broad-range photodetectors of natural radiation.
- I. V. Bodnar', E. S. Dmitrieva, S. E. Nikitin, V. Yu. Rud', and E. I. Terukov, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn., 38, 1228–1233 (2004).
- G. Martin, R. Marquez, R. Guewara, et al., Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 39,Suppl. 39-1, 44–45 (2000).
- I. V. Bodnar', V. Yu. Rud', Yu. V. Rud', and M. V. Yakushev, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn., 36, 1211–1214 (2002).
- T. Negami, N. Kohara, N. Nishitani, T. Wada, and T. Hirao, Appl. Phys. Lett., 67, 825–827 (1997).
- C. Rincon, S. M. Wasim, G. Marquez, and G. Sanchez-Perez, J. Appl. Phys., 90, 4423–4428 (2001).
- N. S. Orlova, I. V. Bodnar, and T. L. Kushner, J. Phys. Sol., 64, 1895–1899 (2003).
- L. S. Palatnik and E. K. Belova, Kristallografiya, No. 10, 858–863 (1965).
- I. V. Bodnar', T. L. Kushner, V. Yu. Rud', Yu. V. Rud', and M. V. Yakushev, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk., 69, 520–522 (2002).
- G. Lampert and P. Mark, Injection Currents in Solids [Russian translation], Nauka, Moscow (1977).
- S. M. Sze, Physics of Semiconductors Devices, Wiley Interscience Publ., New York (1981).
- B. Jogannathan and W. A. Anderson, Sol. Energy Mater. Sol. Cells, 44, 165–171 (1996).
- Optical and Photoelectric Properties of CuGa5Te8 Single Crystals and In/p-CuGa5Te8 Structures
Journal of Applied Spectroscopy
Volume 72, Issue 4 , pp 558-563
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Consultants Bureau
- Additional Links
- single crystals
- transmission spectra
- energy-gap width
- surface-barrier structures
- quantum efficiency
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics, 6 P. Brovka Str., Minsk, 220027, Belarus
- 2. St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University, Russia
- 3. A. F. Ioffe Physical-Engineering Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences, St. Petersburg, Russia