Evolving Fuzzy Modeling for MANETs Using Lightweight Online Unsupervised Learning
- Anna Lekova
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The study presents a methodology for evolving fuzzy modeling tasks in Mobile Ad hoc Networks (MANETs) based on distributed data-driven fuzzy clustering and reasoning. The fuzzy clustering is exploited for the purpose of learning fuzzy inference rules online. That calls for one-pass Lightweight Evolving Fuzzy Clustering Method (LEFCM) suitable for deploying on mobile devices with constrained resources in MANETs. There is no standard method to determine the optimal number of fuzzy rules and most of the fuzzy systems still apply the trial and error method, unsuitable for online modeling tasks. The proposed methodology addresses the issues of uncertainties, simplicity and speed to run in non-intrusive way. It estimates online the number of clusters and their centers in the input data space, accordingly the fuzzy rules, by online adaptation of the LEFCM threshold value that affects the number of clusters. Adaptation is based on the combination of geometrical and statistical analyses, as well as on incorporating a multidimensional fuzzy membership degree into the clustering process. The proposed LEFCM is proven by using traditional cluster validity indexes and tested on real data sets.
- Zadeh, L (1965) Fuzzy sets. Information and Control 8: pp. 338-353 CrossRef
- N. Aschenbruck, E. Gerhards-Padilla, M. Gerharz, M. Frank and P. Martini, Modelling mobility in disaster area scenarios. In 10th ACM International Workshop on Modeling Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems, pp. 4–12, 2007.
- P. Angelov and N Kasabov, Evolving computational intelligence systems. In I International Workshop on Genetic Fuzzy Systems, 2005.
- Kasabov, N, Song, Q (2002) DENFIS: dynamic, evolving neural-fuzzy inference systems and its application for time-series prediction. IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems 10: pp. 144-154 CrossRef
- P. Angelov, Evolving Takagi-Sugeno fuzzy systems from streaming data, eTS+. In Evolving Intelligent Systems: Methodology and Applications. Wiley, New York, 2010.
- V. Ravi, E. Srinivas and N. Kasabov, On-line evolving fuzzy clustering. In International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Applications, pp. 347–351, 2007.
- J. de Oliveira and W. Pedrycz, Advances in Fuzzy Clustering and Applications. Wiley, Chichester, 2007.
- Angelov, P, Filev, D, Kasabov, N eds. (2010) Evolving Intelligent Systems: Methodology and Applications. Wiley, New York
- Natsheh, E (2008) A survey on fuzzy reasoning applications for routing protocols in wireless Ad Hoc networks. International Journal of Business Data Communications and Networking 4: pp. 22-37
- Huang, C (2004) A Bluetooth routing protocol using evolving fuzzy neural networks. International Journal of Wireless Information Networks 11: pp. 1572-8129 CrossRef
- Xie, X, Beni, G (1991) A validity measure for fuzzy clustering. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence 13: pp. 841-847 CrossRef
- Kwon, S (1998) Cluster validity index for fuzzy clustering. Electronics Letters 34: pp. 2176-2177 CrossRef
- Pakhira, M, Bandyopadhyay, S, Maulik, U (2004) Validity index for crisp and fuzzy clusters. Pattern Recognition 37: pp. 487-501 CrossRef
- Iris Data Set in UCI Machine Learning Repository. http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/datasets/Iris.
- The VINT project—network simulator (NS-2). http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns.
- Lillesand, T, Kiefer, R (1994) Minimum Distance to Means Classifier, Digital Image Processing. Wiley, New York
- R. Ramezani, P. Angelov and X. Zhou, A fast approach to novelty detection in video streams using recursive density estimation. In 4th Inernational IEEE Conference of Intelligent Systems, pp. 14-2–14-7, 2008.
- Martyna, J Fuzzy reinforcement learning for routing in wireless sensor networks. In: Reusch, B eds. (2006) Computational Intelligence. Theory and Applications. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York, pp. 637-645 CrossRef
- Evolving Fuzzy Modeling for MANETs Using Lightweight Online Unsupervised Learning
International Journal of Wireless Information Networks
Volume 17, Issue 1-2 , pp 34-41
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Evolving systems
- Data-driven fuzzy models
- Online evolving clustering
- Mobile Ad hoc networks
- Unsupervised learning
- Knowledge and data integration
- Industry Sectors
- Anna Lekova (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Control and System Research, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Acad. G. Bonchev str., bl. 2, 1113, Sofia, Bulgarian