Proceedings of the XXI Congress of the International Primatological Society, Entebbe, Uganda, June 25–30, 2006
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The XXIst Congress of the International Primatological Society convened in Entebbe, Uganda, June 25–30, 2006. The congress was organized by wildlife management and research institutions in Uganda as well as by international wildlife nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) working in Uganda and chaired by Dr. William Olupot of the Wildlife Conservation Society. The program included 2 satellite workshops held in Entebbe and Makerere University Biological Field Station in Kibale before and after the main congress, respectively. There were 712 (same as the number in the 2004 congress in Turin) participants, representing 48 nations, including the United States (34.6%), Uganda (13.1%), the United Kingdom (9.3%), Germany (6.1%), Japan (3.8%), Rwanda (2.7%), Australia (2.2%), Italy (2.2%), Madagascar (2.0%), Brazil (1.7%), and Democratic Republic of Congo (1.9%). In addition, there were 39 registered guests.
There were 6 keynote lectures, including those of the renowned primatologist Dr. Jane Good
- Andriaholinirina, N., Fausser, J.-L., Roos, C., Rabarivola, C., Ravoarimanana, I., Zinner, D., et al. (2006). Molecular phylogeny and taxonomic revision of the sportive lemurs (Lepilemur, Primates). BMC Evolutionary Biology, 6, 17. URL: <http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2148/6/17>. CrossRef
- Davenport, T. R. B., Stanley, W. T., Sargis, E., De Luca, D. W., Mpunga, N. E., Machaga, S. J., et al. (2006). A new genus of African monkey, Rungwecebus: Morphology, ecology and molecular phylogenetics. Science, 312, 1378–1381. CrossRef
- Jones, T., Ehardt, C. L., Butynski, T. M., Davenport, T. R. B., Mpunga, N. E., Machaga, S. J., et al. (2005). The highland mangabey Lophocebus kipunji: A new species of African monkey. Science, 308, 1161–1164. CrossRef
- Kappeler, P. M., Rasoloarison, R. M., Razafimanantsoa, L., Walter, L., & Roos, C. (2005). Morphology, behaviour and molecular evolution of giant mouse lemurs (Mirza spp.) Gray, 1970, with description of new species. Primate Report, 71, 3–26.
- Louis, E. E., Jr., Coles, M. S., Andriantompohavana, R., Sommer, J. A., Engberg, S. E., Zaonarivelo, J. R., et al. (2006). Revision of the mouse lemurs (Microcebus) of eastern Madagascar. International Journal of Primatology, 27, 347–389. CrossRef
- Merker, S., & Groves, C. P. (2006). Tarsius lariang: A new primate species from western central Sulawesi. International Journal of Primatology, 27, 465–468. CrossRef
- Mootnick, A., & Groves, C. P. (2005). A new generic name for the hoolock gibbon (Hylobatidae). International Journal of Primatology, 26(4), 971–976. CrossRef
- Oliveira, M. M., & Langguth, A. (2006). Rediscovery of Marcgrave’s capuchin monkey and designation of a neotype for Simia flavia Schreber, 1774 (Primates, Cebidae). Boletim do Museu Nacional, Nova Série, Rio de Janeiro, 523, 1–16.
- Rabarivola, C., Zaramody, A., Fausser, J.-L., Andriaholinirina, N., Roos, C., Zinner, D., et al. (2006). Cytogenetic and molecular characteristics of a new species of sportive lemur from northern Madagascar. Lemur News, 11, 45–49.
- Sinha, A., Datta, A., Madhusudan, M. D., & Mishra, C. (2005). Macaca munzala: A new species from western Arunachal Pradesh, northeastern India. International Journal of Primatology, 26(4), 977–989. CrossRef
- Thalmann, U., & Geissmann, T. (2005). New species of woolly lemur Avahi (Primates: Lemuriformes) from Bemaraha (Central Western Madagascar). American Journal of Primatology, 67(3), 371–376. CrossRef
- Wallace, R. B., Gómez, H., Felton A., & Felton, A. M. (2006). On a new species of titi monkey, genus Callicebus Thomas (Primates, Pitheciidae) from western Bolivia with preliminary notes on distribution and abundance. Primate Conservation, 20, 29–39.
- Proceedings of the XXI Congress of the International Primatological Society, Entebbe, Uganda, June 25–30, 2006
International Journal of Primatology
Volume 29, Issue 1 , pp 273-287
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie della Cognizione, 00185, Rome, Italy
- 2. Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Bay Lake, FL, 32830, USA
- 3. The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 77030, USA