Experimental Study of an Adding Interferometer at Millimeter Waves
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In order to study an original detection architecture for future cosmology experiments based on wide band adding interferometry, we have tested a single baseline bench instrument based on commercial components. The instrument has been characterized in the laboratory with a wide band power detection setup. A method which allows us to reconstruct the complete transfer function of the interferometer has been developed and validated with measurements. This scheme is useful to propagate the spurious effects of each component till the output of the detector.
- A. Tartari et al., Brain/mbi: A Bolometric Interferometer Dedicated to the cmb Polarization, 5th ESA Workshop on Millimetre Wave Technology and Applications, Vol. WPP-300, (ESA, 2009).
- A. R. Thompson, J. M. Moran, and G. W. Swenson, Interferometry and Synthesis in Radio Astronomy (Wiley-Interscience, New York, 1986), 554 p.
- D. M. Pozar, Microwave Engineering (John Wiley & Sons, 1998).
- Experimental Study of an Adding Interferometer at Millimeter Waves
Journal of Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz Waves
Volume 31, Issue 1 , pp 88-99
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Millimeter wave: interferometry - measurements - technology
- Astronomy: instrumentation
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. AstroParticule & Cosmologie, Université Paris Diderot, Paris, France
- 2. Radio Group, Università degli Studi di Milano - Bicocca, Milan, Italy