Terahertz Transmission Spectroscopy of Nonpolar Materials and Relationship with Composition and Properties
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Terahertz time-domain spectroscopy is used to study properties of non-polar materials. Terahertz absorption spectra and refractive indices are measured in a number of glasses, lubricating oils, and types of paper. The results are correlated with material properties.
-  M.C. Beard, G. M. Turner, C. A. Schmuttenmaer, “Terahertz spectroscopy”, J. Phys. Chem B, vol. 106, 2002, 7146–7159.
-  M. Hangyo, T. Nagashima, S. Nashima, “Spectroscopy by pulsed terahertz radiation”, Meas. Sci. Technol., vol. 13, 2002, 1727–1738.
-  P.Y. Han, X-C. Zhang, “Free-space coherent broadband terahertz time-domain spectroscopy”, Meas. Sci. Technol., vol. 12, 2001, 1747–1756.
-  P.H. Bolivar et al., “Measurement of the dielectric constant and loss tangent of high dielectric-constant materials at tcrahertz frequencies”, IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 51, 2003, 1062–1066.
-  M.C. Beard el al., “Subpicosecond carrier dynamics in low-temperature grown GaAs as measured by time-resolved terahertz spectroscopy”, J. Appl. Phys., vol. 90, 2001, 5915–5923.
-  A. Quema et al., “Identification of potential estrogenic environmental pollutants by terahertz transmission spectroscopy”, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., vol. 42, 2003, L932–L934.
-  Y. Watanabe el al., “Component analysis of chemical mixtures using terahertz spectroscopic imaging”, Opt. Commun., vol. 234, 2004, 12–129.
-  H. Harde et al., “THz time-domain spectroscopy on ammonia”, J. Phys. Chem. A, vol. 105, 2001, 6038–6047.
-  G. Zhao et al., “Design and performance of a THz emission and detection setup based on a semi-insulating GaAs emitter”, Rev. Sci. Instr., vol. 73, 2002, 1715–1719.
-  T. Ohsaka and S. Oshikawa, “Effect of OH content on the far infrared absorption and low-energy states in silica glass”, Phys. Rev. B, vol. 57, 1998, 4995–4998.
-  B. E. Hubbard et al., “Infrared and Raman study of two-level systems in fiber optic quality a-SiO2 and a-SiO2:GeO2”, Physica B, vol. 316–317, 2002, 531–534.
-  L. I. Deich, “Far-infxared attenuation in glasses”, Phys. Rev. B, vol. 49, 1994, 109–113.
- Terahertz Transmission Spectroscopy of Nonpolar Materials and Relationship with Composition and Properties
International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves
Volume 26, Issue 1 , pp 55-64
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- time domain spectroscopy
- material properties
- Industry Sectors