Equality in Difference: Hierarchical Multiculturalism and Membership Illusions
- Ella Schmidt
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Bammer, A. (1994). Introduction. In Displacements: Cultural identities in question. Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
- Barth, F. (1969). Ethnic groups and boundaries. The social organization of cultural difference. Bergen-Oslo and London: Universitets Forlaget, George Allen & Unwin.
- Bourdieu, P. (2006). The logic of practice. (R. Nice, Trans.). Stanford: Stanford University Press.
- Castles, S., & Davidson, A. (2000). Citizenship and migration. Globalization and the politics of belonging. New York: Routledge.
- Collins, P. H. (2001). Like one in the family: race, ethnicity, and the paradox of US national identity. Ethnic and Racial Studies, 24(1), 3–28. CrossRef
- Ferber, A. (1998). Constructing whiteness: the intersections of race and gender in US white supremacist discourse. Ethnic and Racial Studies, 21(1), 48–63. CrossRef
- Nagel, J. (1994). Constructing ethnicity: Creating and recreating ethnic identity and culture. Social Problems, 41(1), 152–176. CrossRef
- Reisler, M. (1996). Always the laborer, never the citizen. Anglo perceptions of the Mexican immigrant during the 1920s. In D. G. Gutierrez (Ed.), Between two worlds: Mexican immigrants in the U.S. Jaguar Books in Latin America #15. Wilmington, Del: Scholarly Resources.
- Rodgers, D., & Wilentz, S. (1991). Languages of Power in the US. In P. J. Corfield (Ed.), Language, history and class. Boston: Blackwell.
- Rosaldo, R. (1997). Identity, conflict, and evolving Latino communities: Cultural citizenship in San Jose. In W. V. Flores & R. Benmayor (Eds.), Latino cultural citizenship: claiming identity, space, and rights. Boston: Beacon Press.
- Salins, P. (1997). Assimilation American style. New York: Basic Books.
- Schmidt, E. (2011). Citizenship from below: Hñähñu heritage in a transnational world. Latino Studies. (Forthcoming).
- Scott, J. (1988). Deconstructing equality-versus-difference: Or, the uses of postructuralist theory for feminism. Feminist Studies, 14(1), 32–50. CrossRef
- Tuan, M. (1998). Forever foreigners or honorary whites? The Asian ethnic experience today. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press.
- Equality in Difference: Hierarchical Multiculturalism and Membership Illusions
Volume 34, Issue 4 , pp 489-494
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Ella Schmidt (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Anthropology, Criminology, and Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, University of South Florida-St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg, FL, USA