Manfred Frank and Niels Weidtmann (Eds.): Husserl und die Philosophie des Geistes
- Dan Zahavi
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In their preface the two editors, Manfred Frank and Niels Weidtmann, write that the volume Husserl und die Philosophie des Geistes is intended as a contribution to the dismantling of the pervasive and persisting prejudice that there is a deep chasm between Husserl’s phenomenology and analytic philosophy of mind (p. 7). It is not entirely clear where the editors want to locate this prejudice—whether it is mainly taken to be harbored by analytic philosophers or rather thrives among phenomenologists—but they argue that its overcoming requires collaboration and exchange between philosophers of mind and scholars trained in the classical phenomenological texts and they offer the present volume as a step in that direction (p. 10).
Most of the chapters in the volume are by authors who already in the past have sought to draw on and combine the resources of both philosophical traditions, and generally speaking, all of them (with the exception of the final piece by Wroblewski which is the weakest ...
- Beyer, C. (2011). Husserls Konzeption des Bewusstseins. In K. Cramer & C. Beyer (Eds.), Edmund Husserl 1859–2009 (pp. 43–54). Berlin: De Gruyter. CrossRef
- Drummond, J. J. (1990). Husserlian intentionality and non-foundational realism. Dordrecht: Kluwer. CrossRef
- Ierna, C., Jacobs, H., & Mattens, F. (Eds.). (2010). Philosophy, phenomenology, sciences: Essays in commemoration of Husserl. Phaenomenologica (Vol. 200). Dordrecht: Springer.
- Moran, D. (2005). Edmund Husserl: Founder of phenomenology. Cambridge: Polity Press.
- Petitot, J., Varela, F., Pachoud, B., & Roy, J.-M. (Eds.). (1999). Naturalizing phenomenology: Issues in contemporary phenomenology and cognitive science. Stanford: Stanford University Press.
- Smith, A. D. (2003). Routledge philosophy guidebook to Husserl and the Cartesian Meditations. London: Routledge.
- Smith, D. W., & Thomasson, A. L. (Eds.). (2005). Phenomenology and philosophy of mind. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- Welton, W. (Ed.). (2003). The new Husserl. A critical reader. Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
- Zahavi, D. (Ed.). (2008). Internalism and externalism in phenomenological perspective. Special issue of Synthese, vol. 160/3.
- Manfred Frank and Niels Weidtmann (Eds.): Husserl und die Philosophie des Geistes
Volume 28, Issue 1 , pp 81-84
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Dan Zahavi (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Center for Subjectivity Research, Department of Media, Cognition and Communication, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark