Ethics Committees in Croatia in the Healthcare Institutions: The First Study about their Structure and Functions, and some Reflections on the Major Issues and Problems
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Campbell A.V. (2001). Clinical governance – watchword or buzzword? Journal of Medical Ethics, 27, 54–56. CrossRef
- Drane, J.F. (1994). Basic facts about health care ethics committees. In J.F. Drane (ed.), Clinical bioethics (pp. 1–16). Kansas City: Sheed and Ward.
- DuVal G., Sartorius L., Clarridge B., Gensler G., & Danis M. (2001). What triggers requests for ethics consultations? Journal of Medical Ethics, 27, 24–29. CrossRef
- Gefenas E. (2001). Is “failure to thrive” syndrome relevant to Lithuanian healthcare ethics committees? HEC Forum, 13, 381–392. CrossRef
- Glasa J. (ed.) (2000). Ethics committees in central and eastern Europe. Bratislava: Charis IEMB.
- Goldner J.A. (2000). Institutional review boards and hospital ethics committees. In J. Glasa (ed.), Ethics committees in central and eastern Europe (pp. 251–264). Bratislava: Charis IEMB.
- Jiwani B. (2001). An introduction to health ethics committees: A professional guide for the development of ethics resources. Alberta: Provincial Health Ethics Network.
- Lebeer G. (2002). Ethical function in hospital ethics committees. Washington D.C.: IOS Press.
- Levine RJ. (1995). Research ethics committees. In W.T. Reich (ed.), Encyclopaedia of bioethics (pp. 2267–2270). New York: Macmillan Simon and Schuster.
- Macpherson Cox C. (1999). Research ethics committees: A regional approach. Theoretical Medicine and Bioethics, 20, 161–179.
- McGee G., Spanogle J.P., Caplan A.L., Penny D., Asch D.A. (2002). Successes and failures of hospital ethics committees: A national survey of ethics chairs. Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics, 11, 87–93. CrossRef
- Odluka o osnivanju Nacionalnog bioeti čkog povjerenstva za medicinu. Narodne Novine 35/2001.
- Reiter-Theil S. (2001a). The Freiburg approach to ethics consultation: Process, outcome and competences. Journal of Medical Ethics, 27, 21–23. CrossRef
- Reiter-Theil S. (2001b). Ethics consultation in Germany: The present situation. HEC Forum, 13, 265–280. CrossRef
- Siegler M. (1986). Ethics committees: Decisions by bureaucracy. Hastings Center Report, 16, 22–24.
- Tschudin V. (2001). European experiences of ethics committees. Nursing Ethics, 8, 142–151.
- Van der Kloot H.H., ter Meulen R.H.J. (2001). Developing standards for institutional ethics committees: Lessons from the Netherlands. Journal of Medical Ethics, 27, 36–40.
- Vrhovac B. (1998). Stanje i problemi etičke regulacije u hrvatskom zdravstvu-predgovor. In R.P. Craig, C.L. Middleton, & L.J.O ’Connell (eds.), Eti čki komiteti-prakti čni pristup (pp. 5–11). Zagreb: Pergamena.
- Wilson Ross J, Glaser J.W., Rasinski-Gregory D., Gibson McIver J. & Bayley C. (1993). Taking stock: Where ethics committees originated and where they are now. Health care ethics committees ÑThe next generation (pp. 1–10). Chicago: American Hospital Association.
- Zakon o zdravstvenoj začtiti. Narodne Novine 1/1997.
- Ethics Committees in Croatia in the Healthcare Institutions: The First Study about their Structure and Functions, and some Reflections on the Major Issues and Problems
Volume 18, Issue 1 , pp 49-60
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Andrija Štampar School of Public Health, Medical School, University of Zagreb, Rockefellerova 4, 10 000, Zagreb, Croatia
- 2. University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- 3. St Radbound, Postbus 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- 4. Andrija Štampar School of Public Health, Medical School, University of Zagreb, Republic of Croatia, Rockefellerova 4, 10 000, Zagreb, Croatia