Ceramic pigments for construction ceramics
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The possibility of synthesizing ceramic pigments using industrial wastes — nepheline sludge from the production of alumina, spent sulfovanadate diatomite (SVD) catalyst, and spent Ziegler – Natt catalyst—is studied. These materials will lower production costs of ceramic pigments. Nepheline sludge and spent catalysts make it possible to obtain on-glaze paints and ceramic pigments in the sand-color-brown-olive-green color range. The pigments synthesized are also recommended for volume coloring of ceramic pastes in the manufacture of construction materials.
- A. N. Emel’yanov, “Ceramic pigment from by-products of nickel production,” Steklo Keram., No. 11, 20 – 21 (2000); A. N. Emel’yanov, Glass Ceram., 57(11 – 12), 387 – 388 (2000).
- P. D. Sarkisov, Use of Chemical Industrial Wastes in the Production of Slag-Sital and Glass Ceramic Materials [in Russian], VNIIÉSM, Moscow (1985), Issue 4, pp. 12 – 14.
- I. A. Levitskii and T. V. Biryuk, “Brown ceramic pigments based on galvanic sludges,” Steklo Keram., No. 4, 3 – 7 (1995).
- M. B. Sedel’nikova and V. M. Pogrebenkov, “Obtaining ceramic pigments with wollastonite and diopside structures using nepheline sludge,” Steklo Keram., No. 10, 28 – 30 (2007); M. B. Sedel’nikova and V. M. Pogrebenkov, “Production of ceramic pigments with wollastonite and diopside structures using nepheline sludge,” Glass Ceram., 64(9 – 10), 363 – 365 (2007).
- I. V. Pishch and G. N. Maslennikova, Ceramic Pigments [in Russian], Vyshéish. Shk., Minsk (1987).
- V. M. Pogrebenkov, M. B. Sedel’nikova, and V. I. Vereshchagin, “Ceramic pigments based on petrochemical production wastes,” in: Basic Problems of Protecting the Geological Environment [in Russian], Izd. TGU, Tomsk (1995), pp. 192 – 194.
- Ceramic pigments for construction ceramics
Glass and Ceramics
Volume 66, Issue 9-10 , pp 305-309
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- utilization of wastes
- spent catalysts
- protective-decorative coatings
- volume coloring of construction ceramic
- Industry Sectors