Laser cutting of float glass during production
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Studies were conducted to determine the strength and thermal stability of samples of glass with edges obtained by cutting a moving ribbon of float glass by mechanical and laser cutting. The advantage of laser cutting was demonstrated.
- V. F. Solinov, T. V. Kaplina, and A. V. Gorokhovskii, “Effect of molding parameters on the thermomechanical properties of silicate sheet glass,” Steklo Keram., No. 5, 7–8 (1992).
- L. A. Shitova, N. V. Lalykin, and T. A. Kuznetsova, “Quality of the edge of glass and its strength,” Steklo Keram., No. 8, 2–3 (1991).
- G. M. Bartenev, Mechanical Properties and Heat Treatment of Glass [in Russian], Moscow (1960).
- Pisarenko, G. S. (1979) Structural Strength of Glasses and Sitals. Naukova Dumka, Kiev
- A. G. Shabanov and V. F. Solinov, “Technology for protecting the surface of thermally polished glass with temporary organic coatings,” in: Proceedings of the Symposium “Increasing Performance Reliability and Technical Processes for Strengthening Glass Articles [in Russian], Moscow (1979), p. 55.
- Laser cutting of float glass during production
Glass and Ceramics
Volume 63, Issue 9-10 , pp 319-321
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Consultants Bureau
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors