Towards settlement science: a research agenda for urban geography
- David R. Rain
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Carlson, Scott (2007). On the record, all the time. Chronicle of Higher Education, 53, 23(February 9), A31–A35.
- Cutter, Susan L. (1996). Societal responses to environmental hazards. International Social Science Journal, 150, 525–536.
- Dobson, Jerome (2003). Estimating populations at risk. In Cutter, Susan L., Richardson, Douglas B., Thomas J. Wilbanks (Eds.) The geographical dimensions of terrorism. New York: Routledge.
- Doxiadis, Constantinos A. (1968). Ekistics: an introduction to the science of human settlements. New York: Oxford.
- Hannah, Matthew (2001). Sampling and the politics of representation in U.S. Census 2000. Environment and Planning D: Society & Space, 19(5), 505–630. CrossRef
- Kwan, Mei-Po & Lee, Jiyeong (2004). Geovisualization of human activity patterns using #-D GISL A time-geogaphic approach. In Goodchild Michael, Donald Janelle, (Eds.). Spatially integrated social science. (pp. 48–66). New York: Oxford University Press.
- Mesev, Victor (2003). Remotely sensed cities. London: Taylor & Francis.
- National Research Council (2007). Tools and methods for estimating populations at risk from natural disasters and complex humanitarian crises. Washington, DC: National Academies Press.
- Nissenbaum, Helen (2004). Privacy as contextual integrity. Washington Law Review, 79(1), 119–158.
- Prewitt, Kenneth (2003). “Politics and science in census taking.” Russell Sage Foundation and the Population Reference Bureau.
- United Nations (2000). Handbook on Geographic Information Systems and Digital Mapping. Studies in Methods, Series F, No. 79. New York: United Nations.
- U.S. Census Bureau (1994). Geographic areas reference manual. Washington, DC: Bureau of the Census.
- Towards settlement science: a research agenda for urban geography
Volume 69, Issue 1-2 , pp 1-8
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- David R. Rain (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. The George Washington University, 1957 E St., NW, Suite 512, Washington, DC, 20052, USA