Philosophy and Complexity
- Gil C. Santos
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Atlan, H. (2011). Noise as a principle of self-organization. In S. Geroulanos & T. Meyers (Eds.), Selected writings: On self-organization, philosophy, bioethics, and judaism, chapter 3 (pp. 95–113). New York: Fordham University Press.
- Auyang, S. (1997). Foundations of complex-systems theories: In economics, evolutionary biology, and statistical physics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Bachelard, G. (1984). The new scientific spirit. Boston, MA: Beacon Press [translation by A. Goldhammer of the original. (1934). Le nouvel esprit scientifique. Paris: PUF].
- Bechtel, W., & Richardson, R. (1993). Discovering complexity: Decomposition and localization as strategies in scientific research. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press (new edition: 2010, Discovering complexity: Decomposition and localization as strategies in scientific research. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press/Bradford Books).
- Cambel, A. B. (1993). Applied chaos theory. A paradigm for complexity. San Diego: Academic Press.
- Gershenson, C., Aerts, D., & Edmonds, B. (Eds.). (2007). Worldviews, science and Us. Philosophy and complexity. Singapore: World Scientific.
- Heylighen, F., Bollen, J., & Riegler, A. (Eds.). (1999). The evolution of complexity. Dordrecht: Kluwer.
- Mitchell, S. (2009). Unsimple truths: Science, complexity, and policy. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. CrossRef
- Oyama, S. (2000). The ontogeny of information: Developmental systems and evolution (2th ed., revised and expanded). Durham, NC: Duke University Press.
- Weaver, W. (1948). Science and complexity. American Scientist, 36, 536–544.
- Wimsatt, W. (2007). Re-engineering philosophy for limited beings: Piecewise approximations to reality. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Philosophy and Complexity
Foundations of Science
Volume 18, Issue 4 , pp 681-686
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Gil C. Santos (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Centre for Philosophy of Science, University of Lisbon, Campo Grande, C4, 1749-016, Lisbon, Portugal