Effect of motion of the medium on the photophoresis of hot hydrosol particles
- N. V. Malai
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The photophoretic motion of a solid spherical particle in a viscous fluid is described theoretically in the Stokes approximation for small Péclet and Reynolds numbers and large temperature differences near the particle. In solving the hydrodynamic equations, an exponential-power law is used for the temperature dependence of the viscosity. The heat transfer equations are solved using the method of matched asymptotic expansions. The possibility of the experimental observation of photophoresis in liquids is discussed.
- S. P. Bakanov and V. I. Roldugin, “Two methods of constructing the theory of thermophoresis of coarse aerosol particles,” Kolloid. Zh., 39, No. 6, 1027–1038 (1977).
- V. B. Kutukov, E. R. Shchukin, and Yu. I. Yalamov, “Photophoretic motion of a coarse aerosol particle in an optical-radiation field,” Zh. Tekhn. Fiz., 46, No. 4, 626–627 (1976).
- A. B. Poddoskin, A. A. Yushkanov, and Yu. I. Yalamov, “Theory of thermophoresis of moderately large aerosol particles”, Zh. Tekhn. Fiz., 52, No. 11, 2253–2261 (1982).
- A. Yu. Boris, “Thermophoresis and interaction of uniformly heated spherical particles in a gas,” Prikl. Matem. Mekh., 48, No. 2, 324–327 (1984).
- E. R. Shchukin and N. V. Malai, “Photophoretic and thermodiffusiophoretic motion of hot non-volatile aerosol particles,” Inzh. Fiz. Zh., 54, No. 4, 628–635 (1988).
- N. V. Malai, “Thermophoresis of a rigid spherical particle in a fluid,” Fluid Dynamics, 38, No. 6, 954–962 (2003). CrossRef
- J. Happel and H. Brenner, Low Reynolds Number Hydrodynamics, Prentice-Hall (1965).
- L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Theoretical Physics. V. 6. Hydromechanics. [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1986).
- St. Bretshnaider, Properties of Gases and Liquids. Engineering Calculation Methods [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1966).
- A. Acrivos and T. D. Taylor, “Heat and mass transfer from single spheres in Stokes flow,” Phys. Fluids, 5, No. 4, 387–394 (1962). CrossRef
- M. Van Dyke, Perturbation Methods in Fluid Mechanics, Acad. Press, New York (1964).
- N. V. Malai, E. R. Shchukin, and Yu. I. Yalamov, “Effect of motion of the medium on the thermocapillary force on a hot drop in a viscous fluid in an external temperature gradient field,” Teplofiz. Vys. Temp., 40, No. 1, 114–120 (2002).
- C. F. Boren and D. R. Huffman, Absorption and Scattering of Light by Small Particles, Wiley Interscience, New York (1983).
- Effect of motion of the medium on the photophoresis of hot hydrosol particles
Volume 41, Issue 6 , pp 984-991
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Consultants Bureau
- Additional Links
- photophoresis in a liquid