Introduction: one thousand friends
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The trouble with you Charles is you want love but you want love on your own terms. What other terms are there Jeddidihah?
The trouble with you Charles is you want love but you want love on your own terms.
What other terms are there Jeddidihah?
The advent of the online world was first and primarily a revolution in information and access to data. We could gain much more information far more effectively and easier than, say, by going to the library, and access to individuals, groups and organizations became far more broadly available and generally cheaper than by phone, post or travel. In more recent years there has been a second revolution online—namely, the rise of social life. Social networking sites have become the predominant use of the internet. Google, for instance, has now fierce competition from Face-book. Face-book is now, together with Amazon, Google and Apple, a formidable force in the market for IT services.
At the forefront of social life becoming the predominant use of the internet has been the pursuit of friendships online. In fact, as is now widely recognized, the average user condu
- Cocking, D., & Matthews, S. (2000). Unreal friends. Ethics of Information Technology, 2(4), 223–231.
- Cooper, J. M. (1980). Aristotle on friendship. In A. O. Rorty (Ed.), Essays on Aristotle’s Ethics (pp. 322–333). Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Sherman, N. (1993). Aristotle and the shared life. In N. K. Badhwar (Ed.), Friendship: A philosophical reader. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press.
- Thomas, L. (1989). Living morally: A psychology of moral character. Philadelphia: Temple University Press.
- (2010) The offensive internet. US: Harvard University Press.
- Guest, T. (2008). Second lives: A journey through virtual worlds. New York, NY: Random House.
- Introduction: one thousand friends
Ethics and Information Technology
Volume 14, Issue 3 , pp 179-184
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors