Comment: Interrogating the neo-pluralist orthodoxy in American anthropology
- Steven L. Rubenstein
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Abrams, P. 1988. Notes on the difficulty of studying the state. Journal of Historical Sociology 1(1): 58–89. CrossRef
- Almeida Vinueza, J. 2005. The ecuadorian indigenous movement and the Gutiérrez Regime: the traps of multiculturalism. PoLAR: Political and Legal Anthropology Review 28(1): 93–111. CrossRef
- Frankenberg, R. 1990. Village on the border : A social study of religion, politics and football in a North Wales community. Prospect heights, IL: Waveland Press.
- Gledhill, J. 2000. Power and its disguises: Anthropological perspectives on politics. London: Pluto Press.
- Gupta, A. 1995. Blurred boundaries: the discourse of corruption, the culture of politics, and the imagined state. American Ethnologist 22(2): 375–402. CrossRef
- Nadasdy, P. 1999. The politics of TEK: Power and the ‘integration’ of knowledge. Arctic Anthropology 36(1–2): 1–18.
- Radcliffe-Brown, A.R. 1955 . Preface. In “Preface” to African political systems, ed. M. Fortes, and E.E. Evans-Pritchard. London: Oxford University Press.
- Rubenstein, S.L. 2001. Colonialism, the shuar federation, and the Ecuadorian state. Environment and Planning D: Society and Space 19(3): 263–293. CrossRef
- Sawyer, S. 1997. The 1992 Indian mobilization of lowland Ecuador. Latin American Perspectives 24(3): 65–82. CrossRef
- Sawyer, S. 2002. Bobbittizing texaco: Dis-membering corporate capital and re-membering the nation in Ecuador. Cultural Anthropology 17(2): 150–180. CrossRef
- Sawyer, S. 2004. Crude chronicles. Indigenous politics, multinational oil, and neoliberalism. in Ecuador. Durham: Duke University Press.
- Trotsky, L. 1904. The Proletariat and the Revolution. http://www.marxists.org/archive/trotsky/1918/ourrevo/ch02.htm.
- Vincent, J. 1990. Politics and anthropology. Tucson: University of Arizona Press.
- Comment: Interrogating the neo-pluralist orthodoxy in American anthropology
Volume 32, Issue 1-2 , pp 97-106
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Steven L. Rubenstein (1) (2)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
- 2. National Humanities Center, 7 Alexander Drive, P. O. Box 12256, Research Triangle Park, NC, 27709-2256, USA