January 2013, Volume 58, Issue 1, pp 20-22,
Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Date: 27 Oct 2012
The Role of Steatosis in HBsAg Seroclearance for Patients with Chronic Hepatitis B Infection: Fact or Fiction?
- Yuen, MF, Yuan, HJ, Wong, DK, Yuen, JC, Wong, WM, Chan, AO, Wong, BC (2005) Prognostic determinants for chronic hepatitis B in Asians: therapeutic implications. Gut 54: pp. 1610-1614 CrossRef
- Chen, CJ, Yang, HI, Su, J, Jen, CL, You, SL, Lu, SN, Huang, GT (2006) Risk of hepatocellular carcinoma across a biological gradient of serum hepatitis B virus DNA level. JAMA 295: pp. 65-73 CrossRef
- Lim JK, Nguyen MH. The role of hepatic steatosis in chronic hepatitis B infection. Curr Hepatitis Rep. 2011;10:134–141.
- Kim, KH, Shin, HJ, Kim, K, Choi, HM, Rhee, SH, Moon, HB, Kim, HH (2007) Hepatitis B virus X protein induces hepatic steatosis via transcriptional activation of SREBP1 and PPARgamma. Gastroenterology 132: pp. 1955-1967 CrossRef
- Wong, VW, Wong, GL, Chu, WC, Chim, AM, Ong, A, Yeung, DK, Yiu, KK (2012) Hepatitis B virus infection and fatty liver in the general population. J Hepatol 56: pp. 533-540 CrossRef
- Yu, MW, Shih, WL, Lin, CL, Liu, CJ, Jian, JW, Tsai, KS, Chen, CJ (2008) Body-mass index and progression of hepatitis B: a population-based cohort study in men. J Clin Oncol 26: pp. 5576-5582 CrossRef
- Chen, CL, Yang, HI, Yang, WS, Liu, CJ, Chen, PJ, You, SL, Wang, LY (2008) Metabolic factors and risk of hepatocellular carcinoma by chronic hepatitis B/C infection: a follow-up study in Taiwan. Gastroenterology 135: pp. 111-121 CrossRef
- Wong, GL, Wong, VW, Choi, PC, Chan, AW, Chim, AM, Yiu, KK, Chan, HY (2009) Metabolic syndrome increases the risk of liver cirrhosis in chronic hepatitis B. Gut 58: pp. 111-117 CrossRef
- Machado, MV, Oliveira, AG, Cortez-Pinto, H (2011) Hepatic steatosis in hepatitis B virus infected patients: meta-analysis of risk factors and comparison with hepatitis C infected patients. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26: pp. 1361-1367
- Shi, JP, Fan, JG, Wu, R, Gao, XQ, Zhang, L, Wang, H, Farrell, GC (2008) Prevalence and risk factors of hepatic steatosis and its impact on liver injury in Chinese patients with chronic hepatitis B infection. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23: pp. 1419-1425 CrossRef
- Yun, JW, Cho, YK, Park, JH, Kim, HJ, Park, DI, Sohn, CI, Jeon, WK (2009) Hepatic steatosis and fibrosis in young men with treatment-naive chronic hepatitis B. Liver Int 29: pp. 878-883 CrossRef
- Lesmana, LA, Lesmana, CR, Pakasi, LS, Krisnuhoni, E (2012) Prevalence of hepatic steatosis in chronic hepatitis B patients and its association with disease severity. Acta Med Indones 44: pp. 35-39
- Chu, CM, Lin, DY, Liaw, YF (2007) Does increased body mass index with hepatic steatosis contribute to seroclearance of hepatitis B virus (HBV) surface antigen in chronic HBV infection?. Int J Obes (Lond) 31: pp. 871-875
- Chu CM, Lin DY, Liaw YF. Clinical and virological characteristics post HBsAg seroclearance in hepatitis B virus carriers with hepatic steatosis versus those without. Dig Dis Sci. 2012. (Epub ahead of print). doi:10.1007/s10620-012-2343-9.
- Liu, J, Yang, HI, Lee, MH, Lu, SN, Jen, CL, Wang, LY, You, SL (2010) Incidence and determinants of spontaneous hepatitis B surface antigen seroclearance: a community-based follow-up study. Gastroenterology 139: pp. 474-482 CrossRef
- Seto WK, Wong DK, Fung J, Hung IF, Fong DY, Yuen JC, Tong T, et al. A large case-control study on the predictability of hepatitis B surface antigen levels three years before hepatitis B surface antigen seroclearance. Hepatology 2012;56:812–819.
- The Role of Steatosis in HBsAg Seroclearance for Patients with Chronic Hepatitis B Infection: Fact or Fiction?
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Digestive Diseases and Sciences
Volume 58, Issue 1 , pp 20-22
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors