Liver Abscesses, Pylephlebitis, and Appendicitis in an Adolescent Male
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Chang TN, Tang L, Keller K, Harrison MR, Farmer D, Albanese CT. Pylephlebitis, portal-mesenteric thrombosis, and multiple liver abscesses owing to perforated appendicitis. J Pediatr Surg. 2001;36:E19–E21. CrossRef
- Branum GD, Tyson GS, Branum MA, Meyers WC. Hepatic abscess. Changes in etiology, diagnosis, and management. Ann Surg. 1990;212:655–662. CrossRef
- Miedema BW, Dineen P. The diagnosis and treatment of pyogenic liver abscesses. Ann Surg. 1984;200:328–335. CrossRef
- Liu KW, Fitzgerald RJ, Blake NS. An alternative approach to pyogenic hepatic abscess in childhood. J Paediatr Child Health. 1990;26:92–94. CrossRef
- Slovis TL, Haller JO, Cohen HL, Berdon WE, Watts FB. Complicated appendiceal inflammatory disease in children: Pylephlebitis and liver abscess. Radiology. 1989;171:823–825.
- Muorah M, Hinds R, Verma A, et al. Liver abscesses in children: A single center experience in the developed world. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2006;42:201–206. CrossRef
- Belkahla N, Maamouri N, Ouerghi H, et al. Phlegmonous appendicitis revealed by pyogenic abscesses. Tunis Med. 2007;85:569–579.
- Usdan LS, Massinople C. Multiple pyogenic liver abscesses associated with occult appendicitis and possible Crohn’s disease. Tenn Med. 2002;95:463–464.
- Sorenson MR, Baekgaard N, Kirkegaard P. Pyogenic liver abscess. A case report with a short review of current concepts of diagnosis and management. Acta Chir Scand. 1983;149:437–439.
- Mahieu X, Boverie J, Lemaire JM, Jacquet N. Pyogenic liver abscess. Diagnostic and therapeutic approach: A case report. Acta Chir Belg. 1993;93:220–223.
- Chung RT, Friedman LS. Bacterial, parasitic, and fungal infections of the liver, including liver abscess. In: Feldman M, Friedman LS, Brandt LJ, eds. Sleisenger and Fordtran’s Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 8th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders Elsevier; 2006:1731–1753.
- Marova K, Chochola M, Golan L, Krivanek J, Aschermann M. Liver abscesses with portal and mesenteric vein thrombosis in combination with late onset of appendicitis. Cas Lek Cesk. 2005;144:489–493.
- Nishimori H, Ezoe E, Ura H, et al. Septic thrombophlebitis of the portal and superior mesenteric veins as a complication of appendicitis: Report of a case. Surg Today. 2004;34:173–176. CrossRef
- Lim HE, Cheong HJ, Woo HJ, et al. Pylephlebitis associated with appendicitis. Korean J Intern Med. 1999;14:73–76.
- Liver Abscesses, Pylephlebitis, and Appendicitis in an Adolescent Male
Digestive Diseases and Sciences
Volume 54, Issue 12 , pp 2546-2548
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, 750 Welch Rd, Ste 116, Palo Alto, CA, 94304, USA
- 2. Department of Radiology, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA, USA
- 3. Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA, USA