Euphorbol acetate from Crepis lacera
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The genus Crepis belongs to the tribe Lactuceae of the Asteraceae family and includes about 200 annual and perennial flowering plants, often known by the alternative name of “Hawksbeard,” and that are widely distributed in the northern hemisphere and tropical Africa. Previous works on the phytochemical content of the genus Crepis showed that it has a profile comprising a wide range of secondary metabolites, in particular acetylenic and epoxy fatty acids (e.g., crepenynic acid) , triterpenoids , guaianolides , eudesmanolides , megastigmane sesquiterpenes , phenolic glycosides [3b], and benzyl alcohol derivatives . Plants belonging to the genus Crepis were shown to exert anti-inflammatory  and anti-viral effects , and some are used in traditional medicine of China to treat inflammation and to nourish lung and arrest cough [2a].
Although several plants belonging to the genus Crepis have been described in the literature from a phytochemical point of view, to the best ...
- W. G. Haigh, L. J. Morris, and A. T. James, Lipids, 3, 307 (1967). CrossRef
- a) S. H. Wu, D. X. Luo, Y. B. Ma, and D. G. Wu, Chin. Chem. Lett., 11, 711 (2000); b) W. Kisiel and Z. Janeczko, Collect. Czech. Chem. Commun., 49, 2661 (1984).
- a) C. Zidorn, E. P. Elmmerer-Muller, and H. Stuppner, Phytochemistry, 50, 1061 (1999); b) W. Kisiel, K. Zielinska, and S. P. Joshi, Phytochemistry, 54, 763 (2000); c) W. Kisiel, K. Michalska, and E. Szneler, Pol. J. Chem., 76, 1571 (2002); d) J. C. Ndom, J. T. Mbafor, J. D. Wansi, A. W. Kamdem, L. M. Meva'a, J. C. Vardamides, F. Toukam, D. Pegyemb, T. M. Ngando, H. Laatsch, and Z. T. Fomum, Nat. Prod. Res., 20, 435, (2006).
- C. Rossi, A. Evidente, and A. Menghini, Phytochemistry, 24, 603 (1985). CrossRef
- W. Chen, Q. Liu, J. Wang, J. Zou, D. Meng, J. Zuo, X. Zhu, and W. Zhao, Planta Med., 72, 143 (2006). CrossRef
- C. Zidorn, E. P. Elmmerer-Muller, and H. Stuppner, Phytochem. Anal., 12, 281 (2001). CrossRef
- L. S. M. Ooi, H. Wang, Z. He, and V. E. C. Ooi, J. Ethnopharmacol., 106, 187 (2006). CrossRef
- T. Akihisa, E. M. K. Wijeratne, H. Tokuda, F. Enjo M. Toriumi, Y. Kimura, K. Koike, T. Nikaido, Y. Tezuka, and H. Nishino, J. Nat. Prod., 65, 158 (2002). CrossRef
- P. Ceccherelli, M. Curini, M. C. Marcotullio, O. Rosati, and E. Wenkert, J. Org. Chem., 56, 7065 (1991); M. Curini, F. Epifano, S. Genovese, A. Menghini, G. Altinier, A. Tubaro, and L. Menghini, Phytother. Res., 20, 422 (2006).
- Euphorbol acetate from Crepis lacera
Chemistry of Natural Compounds
Volume 48, Issue 5 , pp 910-911
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors