Carotenoids from fruit of several Rosa species
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Fruits of plants of the genus Rosa L. are rich in carotenoids . They provide raw material for producing the preparation Carotolin and fatty oil . In continuation of studies of Rosa species growing in Nakhchivan AR [3,4], we studied the quantitative content and qualitative composition of carotenoids from four Rosa species, R. canina L., R. corymbifera Borkh., R. nisami Sosn., and R. teberdensis Chrshan. section canina Crep.
Fruit samples for analysis were collected when ripe from various sites in the mountainous part of the republic, R. canina (Karabagly, Kengerli Region); R. corymbifera (Chalkhangala, Kengerli Region); R. nisami (Bichenak, Shakhbuz Region); R. teberdensis (Nurgut, Ordubad Region). Carotenoids were isolated by the method of Novruzov et al. . The quantitative content of carotenoids was determined colorimetrically  on KFK-2. The carotenoid composition was established by TLC . Absorption maxima were measured on a Specord-40 spectrophotometer.
The content and q
- E. N. Novruzov, Pigments of Plant Reproductive Organs and Their Significance [in Russian], Baku, 2008.
- M. D. Mashkovskii, Drugs [in Russian], Moscow, 2007, p. 1206.
- A. R. Novruzov and L. A. Shamsizade, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 107 (2011).
- A. R. Novruzov, Proceedings of the Institute of Botany, National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan [in Russian], Vol. XXXI, Baku, 2011, p. 284.
- E. N. Novruzov, O. V. Ibadov, and L. A. Shamsizade, Pat. No. 878,770 (1981).
- Pigments of Green Plant Plasmids and Methods for Studying Them [in Russian], Moscow, 1964.
- E. N. Novruzov, S. M. Aslanov, S. Sh. Mamedov, and L. A. Shamsizade, in: Abstracts of Papers of the Vth Trans-Caucasus Conference on Adsorption and Chromatography [in Russian], Baku, 1982, p. 114.
- I. N. Kushinskaya, Dissertation, Moscow, 1965, p. 18.
- E. Maki-Fischer, U. Marti, R. Buchecker, and C. Eugster, Helv. Chim. Acta, 66, 494 (1983). CrossRef
- G. Toth and J. Szabolcs, Acta Chem. Acad. Sci. Hung., 64, 393 (1970).
- L. D. Protsenko, Dissertation, 1953.
- Carotenoids from fruit of several Rosa species
Chemistry of Natural Compounds
Volume 48, Issue 5 , pp 906-907
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors