Constituents of Scutellaria holosericea
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Plants of the genus Scutellaria L. (Lamiaceae) are one source of flavonoids in the flora of Uzbekistan. Flavonoids represent the most numerous class of natural phenolic compounds and typically have varied structures, high and multi-faceted activities, and low toxicities.
Scutellaria holosericea Gontsch ex Juz  is a perennial endemic plant that flowers in June-July, bears fruit in July-August, and grows on slopes in the upper mountain zone. We studied the aerial part of S. holosericea collected during flowering in Surkhandar′ya Region, Republic of Uzbekistan. Ground and air-dried raw material (300 g) was extracted exhaustively (5×) by EtOH (70%) at room temperature. The combined extracts were distilled in vacuo. The condensed residue was diluted with H2O and worked up successively by hydrocarbons, CHCl3, EtOAc, and n-BuOH.
The EtOAc (12 g) and n-BuOH (14 g) fractions were chromatographed over a column of silica gel using gradients of hydrocarbons:CHCl3 (1) and CHCl3:MeOH (2). The chrom
- Flora of the USSR, Vol. 20, Akad. Nauk SSSR, Leningrad, Moscow, 1954.
- Z. O. Tashmatov, K. A. Eshbakova, Kh. M. Bobakulov, and N. D. Abdullaev, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 737 (2009).
- R. Hegnauer, Chemotaxonomie der Pflanzen, Bd. 6, Dicotyledoneae: Rafflesiaceae-Zygophyllaceae, Bikhauser Verlag, Basel-Stuttgart, 1973, pp. 358-363.
- Z. O. Tashmatov, K. A. Eshbakova, and Kh. M. Bobakulov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 392 (2011).
- Kh. Sh. Kamoldinov, K. A. Eshbakova, Kh. M. Bobakulov, and N. D. Abdullaev, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 398 (2011).
- V. I. Glyzin, A. I. Ban_kovskii, and D. A. Pakaln, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 98 (1975).
- Constituents of Scutellaria holosericea
Chemistry of Natural Compounds
Volume 48, Issue 5 , pp 889-890
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors