Chemical constituents of the leaves from Xanthoceras sorbifolia
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Xanthoceras sorbifolia Bunge (Sapindaceae) is a shrub which is widely distributed in the northwestern and northeastern regions of China and has been used as a folk medicine for various diseases, including rheumatism and enuresis in children. It has been shown that an extract from the husk of X. sorbifolia has cytotoxicity toward various human cancer cell lines .
Within our screening program for secondary metabolites from Chinese medicinal plants, 5 kg dried leaf powder of Xanthoceras sorbifolia Bunge collected in the Qinling Mountains, Shaanxi Province, China, on August 1, 2009, was extracted exhaustively with 95% ethanol at room temperature. The ethanol extract was evaporated in vacuum at 60°C to give a residue. The residue was suspended in water and successively treated with petroleum ether, ethyl acetate, and n-butanol.
The n-butanol extract (61 g) was subjected to silica gel column chromatography eluting successively with chloroform–methanol gradient (1:0, 20:1, 10:1, 5:1, 2:1, 1: ...
- P. K. Chan and E. Mak, Proc. Am. Assoc. Cancer. Res, 47, 452 (2006).
- I. I. Mahmouda, M. S. A. Marzoukb, F. A. Moharrama, M. R. El-Gindi, and A. M. Hassan, Phytochemistry, 58, 1239 (2001). CrossRef
- X. Ma, W. Tian, L. Wu, X. Cao, and Y. Ito, J. Chromatogr. A, 1070, 211 (2005). CrossRef
- K. Kazuma, N. Naba, and M. Suzuki, Phytochemistry, 62, 229 (2003). CrossRef
- S. Warren, B. K. Bailey, J. P. Shyluk, and O. L. Gamborg, Phytochemistry, 10, 191 (1971). CrossRef
- R. N. Gobichettipalayam, R. Usha, and S. P. Virinder, Phytochemistry, 19, 2494 (1980). CrossRef
- Chemical constituents of the leaves from Xanthoceras sorbifolia
Chemistry of Natural Compounds
Volume 48, Issue 5 , pp 875-876
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. College of Forestry, Northwest A & F University, Yangling, 712100, Shaanxi, P. R. China
- 2. Key Laboratory of Auxiliary Chemistry & Technology for Chemical Industry, Ministry of Education, Shaanxi University of Science & Technology, 710021, Xi’an Shaanxi, P. R. China
- 3. College of Life Science, Shanxi Datong University, 037009, Datong Shanxi, P. R. China