Optimal Control of PDEs with Regularized Pointwise State Constraints
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
This paper addresses the regularization of pointwise state constraints in optimal control problems. By analyzing the associated dual problem, it is shown that the regularized problems admit Lagrange multipliers in L 2-spaces. Under a certain boundedness assumption, the solution of the regularized problem converges to the one of the original state constrained problem. The results of our analysis are confirmed by numerical tests.
- N. Arada and J.-P. Raymond, “Optimal control problems with mixed control-state constraints,” SIAM J. Control and Optimization, vol. 39, pp. 1391–1407, 2000.
- M. Bergounioux, K. Ito, and K. Kunisch, “Primal-dual strategy for constrained optimal control problem,” SIAM J. Control and Optimization, vol. 37, pp. 1176–1194, 1999.
- M. Bergounioux and K. Kunisch, “Primal-dual strategy for state-constrained optimal control problems,” Computational Optimization and Applications, vol. 22, pp. 193–224, 2002. CrossRef
- M. Bergounioux and F. Tröltzsch, “Optimal control of linear bottleneck problems,” ESAIM, Control, Optimisation and Calculus of Variations, vol. 3, pp. 235–250,1998.
- M. Bergounioux and F. Tröltzsch, “Optimal control of semilinear parabolic equations with state-constraints of bottleneck type,” ESAIM, Control, Optimisation and Calculus of Variations, vol. 4, pp. 595–608, 1999.
- E. Casas, “Boundary control of semilinear elliptic equations with pointwise state constraints,” SIAM J. Control and Optimization, vol. 31, pp. 993–1006, 1993. CrossRef
- E. Casas, J.P. Raymond, and H. Zidani, “Pontryagin's principle for local solutions of control problems with mixed control-state contraints,” SIAM J. Control and Optimization, vol. 39, pp. 1182–1203, 2000. CrossRef
- K. Kunisch and A. Rösch, “Primal-dual active set strategy for a general class of constrained optimal control problems,” SIAM J. Optimization, vol. 13, pp. 321–334, 2002. CrossRef
- J.P. Raymond, “Nonlinear boundary control of semilinear parabolic problems with pointwise state constraints,” Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst., vol. 3, pp. 341–370, 1997.
- F. Tröltzsch, “Regular Lagrange multipliers for control problems with mixed pointwise control-state constraints,” SIAM J. Optimization, to appear.
- Optimal Control of PDEs with Regularized Pointwise State Constraints
Computational Optimization and Applications
Volume 33, Issue 2-3 , pp 209-228
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- quadratic programming
- regular Lagrange multipliers
- optimal control
- elliptic and parabolic equations
- pointwise state constraints
- bottleneck constraints
- Industry Sectors