Modelling of processes occurring in deep geological repository — development of new modules in the GoldSim environment
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Three new modules modelling the processes that occur in a deep geological repository have been prepared in the GoldSim computer code environment (using its Transport Module). These modules help to understand the role of selected parameters in the near-field region of the final repository and to prepare an own complex model of the repository behaviour. The source term module includes radioactive decay and ingrowth in the canister, first order degradation of fuel matrix, solubility limitation of the concentration of the studied nuclides, and diffusive migration through the surrounding bentonite layer controlled by the output boundary condition formulated with respect to the rate of water flow in the rock. The corrosion module describes corrosion of canisters made of carbon steel and transport of corrosion products in the near-field region. This module computes balance equations between dissolving species and species transported by diffusion and/or advection from the surface of a solid material. The diffusion module that includes also non-linear form of the interaction isotherm can be used for an evaluation of small-scale diffusion experiments.
- Golder Associates, GoldSim Contaminant Transport Module, Manual, Version 1.30, April 2002, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vieno T. and Nordman H.: Interim Report on Safety Assessment of Spent Fuel Disposal, POSIVA-96-17, December 1996, 176 pp.
- Vopálka D. and Vokál A.: Czechoslovak Journal of Physics 53 Suppl. A (2003) A127.
- Lukin D., Vopálka D. and Vokál A.: Transport model of the near-field region. Sensitivity analysis study and assessment of the influence of input parameters on the source term of final disposal of spent nuclear fuel, NRI Report 12137CH, 2004, 35 p. (in Czech).
- Zavoshy S. J., Chambre P. L. and Pigford T. H.: Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 44 (1985) 311.
- Vopálka D., Filipská H., and Vokál A.: Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 932 (2006) 983.
- García-Gutiérrez M., Comerzana J. L., Missana T. and M. Mingaro, M: Applied Clay Science 26 (2004) 65. CrossRef
- Modelling of processes occurring in deep geological repository — development of new modules in the GoldSim environment
Czechoslovak Journal of Physics
Volume 56, Issue 4 Supplement, pp D623-D628
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Consultants Bureau
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Nuclear Chemistry, Faculty of Nuclear Sciences and Physical Engineering, Czech Technical University in Prague, Břehová 7, 11519, Prague 1, Czech Republic
- 2. Nuclear Research Institute Řež, 250 68, Řež, Czech Republic