Reducibility of Catalyzed Cerium–Praseodymium Mixed Oxides
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Cerium–praseodymium mixed oxides covering a wide range of cerium/praseodymium ratios were synthesized, loaded with 2 wt% palladium, and characterized by X-ray diffraction and temperature-programmed reduction. Both the degree and average temperature of reduction of the catalyzed mixed oxides were found to increase with increasing praseodymium concentration. Quantitative results indicate that these materials may be useful, in conjunction with hydrocarbon traps, for treating automotive cold-start emissions.
- M. Shelef, G.W. Graham and R.W. McCabe, in: Catalysis by Ceria and Related Materials, ed. A. Trovarelli (Imperial College Press, London, 2002) ch. 10.
- Logan, A.D., Shelef, M. (1994) J. Mater. Res. 9: pp. 468
- A.N. Shigapov, H.-W. Jen, G.W. Graham, W. Chun and R.W. McCabe, in: Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis, Vol. 130B (12th International Congress on Catalysis), eds. A. Corma, F.V. Melo, S. Mendioroz and J.L.G. Fierro (Elsevier Science B. V., Amsterdam, 2000) p. 1373.
- Jen, H.-W., Graham, G.W., Chun, W., McCabe, R.W., Cuif, J.-P., Deutsch, S., Touret, O. (1999) Catal. Today 50: pp. 309 CrossRef
- McCullough, J.D. (1950) J. Am. Chem. Soc. 72: pp. 1386
- Sovestnov, A.E., Shaburov, V.A., Melekh, B.T., Smirnov, I.A., Smirnov, Yu P., Tyunis, A.V., Egorov, A.I. (1994) Phys. Solid State 36: pp. 620
- Narula, C.K., Haack, L.P., Chun, W., Jen, H.-W., Graham, G.W. (1999) J. Phys. Chem. B 103: pp. 3634 CrossRef
- J.A. Lupescu, J. Li, Y.B. Graves and C.T. Goralski Jr. (private communication).
- Reducibility of Catalyzed Cerium–Praseodymium Mixed Oxides
Volume 106, Issue 3-4 , pp 95-100
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- hydrocarbon trap
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Chemical Engineering Department, Ford Research & Advanced Engineering, MD3179/SRL, 2101 Village Road, Dearborn, MI, 48121-2053, USA
- 2. Davison Catalysts, W. R. Grace & Co. – Conn, Columbia, MD, 21044, USA