Find out how to access preview-only content
Date: 23 Mar 2006
ACE-Inhibition for Secondary Prevention of Cardiovascular Events—Should We Change Our Recommendation After PEACE?
- Roberto Ferrari MD
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Voors AA, Van Velduisen DJ, Van Gilst WH. The current role of ACE-inhibitors for secondary prevention; from pathogenesis to clinical practice CITATION this issue.
- Braunwald E, Domanski MJ, Fowler SE, et al. PEACE trial investigators.angiotensin-converting-enzyme in stable coronary artery disease. N Engl J Med 2004;351:2058–2068. CrossRef
- Yusuf S, Hawken S, Ounpuu S. Effect of potentially modifiable risk factors associated with myocardial infarction in 52 countries (the INTERHEART Study): Case-control study. Lancet 2004;364:937–952. CrossRef
- Law MR, Wald NJ, Rudnicka AR. Quantifying effect of statins on low density lipoprotein cholesterol, ischemic heart disease, and stroke: Systematic review and meta-annalysis. BMJ 2003;326:1423. CrossRef
- Law MR, Wald NJ, Morris JK, Jordan RE. Value of low dose combination treatment with blood pressure lowering drugs: Analysis of 354 randomised trials. BMJ 2003;28;326:1427. CrossRef
- Heart outcomes prevention evaluation investigators effects of an angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitor, ramipril, on cardiovascular events in high-risk patients. The heart outcome prevention evaluation study investigators. N Engl J Med 2003;342:145–153. CrossRef
- EUROPA Investigatos Efficacy of perindopril in reduction of cardiovascular events among patients with stable coronary artery disease: Randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicentre trial (the EUROPA study). Lancet 2003;362:782–788. CrossRef
- Oubina MP, de las Heras N, Cediel E, et al. Synergistic effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) and 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA (HMG-CoA) reductase inhibition on inflammatory markers in atheroscleroticrabbits. ClinSci(Lond) 2003;105:655–662.
- Athyros VG, Mikhailidis DP, Papageorgiou AA, et al. Effects of statins and ACE inhibitors alone and in combination on clinical outcome in patients with coronary heart disease. J Hum Hypertens 2004;18:781–788. CrossRef
- Kober L, Torp-Pedersen C, Carlsen JE, et al. A clinical trial of the angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitor trandolapril in patients with left ventricular dysfunction after myocardial infarction. Trandolapril Cardiac Evaluation (TRACE) Study Group. N Engl J Med 1995;333:1670–1676.
- ACE-Inhibition for Secondary Prevention of Cardiovascular Events—Should We Change Our Recommendation After PEACE?
Cardiovascular Drugs and Therapy
Volume 20, Issue 1 , pp 11-12
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Roberto Ferrari MD (1) (2)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Chair of Cardiology, University of Ferrara, Corso Giovecca 203, 44100, Ferrara
- 2. Chair of Cardiology, University of Ferrara, Corso Giovecca 203, 44100, Ferrara