Mathematical model of condensation on the outer surface of tubes with longitudinal fins
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A mathematical model of condensation on finned or ribbed vertical surfaces of various geometry, including the Gregorig, where heat is dissipated in the boiling zone (i.e., during heat exchange in condensers-evaporators) is proposed.
The model makes it possible to determine the coefficients of convective and radiative heat transfer with allowance for the temperature and film thickness of the condensate that varies over the height of the surface.
- S. V. Patankar and I. M. Sparrow, “Condensation on finned surfaces,” Teploperedacha, 101, No. 3, 61–67 (1979).
- R. L. Webb, “Generalized method for analysis and optimization of ribbed Gregorig condensing surfaces,” Teploperedacha, 101, No. 2, 171–177 (1979).
- Y. Mori, K. Hijikata, S. Hirasawa, and W. Nakayama, “Optimized performance of condensers with outside condensing surfaces,” Heat Transfer, 103, 96–102 (1981). CrossRef
- Mathematical model of condensation on the outer surface of tubes with longitudinal fins
Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
Volume 42, Issue 11-12 , pp 623-632
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Consultants Bureau
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors