Comparative strength assessment for elliptical bottoms with different designs of coupling reinforcement
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The stress state of elliptical bottoms with centrally located branch pipes reinforced with a monolithic insert or cover ring is analyzed and experimentally investigated. Five zones of maximum stresses are exposed and examined in the designs employed for reinforcement of couplings. The advantage of the cover-ring design is established.
- GOST 24755-89, Vessels and Apparatus. Standards and Methods of Strength Analysis for Hole Reinforcement [in Russian].
- PNAÉ G-7-002-86, Standards for Strength Analysis of Equipment and Pipelines at Nuclear Power Plants [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1989).
- RD 10-249-98, Standards for Strength Analysis of Stationary Steam and Hot-Water Boilers and Pipelines [in Russian], Moscow (1999).
- Standards of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) for High-Pressure Boilers and Vessels. American National Standard, Section VIII, Building Code for Pressure Vessels, Division 1, Strength Analysis of Pressure Vessels (1986).
- OST 26-291-87, Welded Steel Vessels and Apparatus. General Specifications, Gr. 04 [in Russian].
- B. A. Kuranov, A. G. Turbaivskii, A. T. Bobel’, et al., “TUPROK computer software package for analysis of shell structures,” Khim. Neft. Mashinostr., No. 1, 7–9 (1988).
- PB 03-584-03, Codes for Design, Fabrication, and Acceptance of Welded Steel Vessels and Equipment [in Russian], PIO OBT, Moscow (2003).
- R. Kitching, S. Hill, M. Bani-Achmad, and R. Paine, “Stress state in a spherical high-pressure vessel with a reinforcing cover plate in the vicinity of a radial branch pipe,” Novoe v Zarub. Nauke, Ser. Mekh., Stress-state analysis, No. 24, 56–72 (1980).
- Comparative strength assessment for elliptical bottoms with different designs of coupling reinforcement
Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
Volume 42, Issue 1-2 , pp 61-68
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Consultants Bureau
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors