Actual energy loss due to entropy generation in low-and high-temperature machines and plants
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
An attempt has been made to interrelate two data sources of decisive importance for analysis of refrigerating, cryogenic, and thermal power plants: data obtained by entropic method of analysis of energy loss and experimental statistical data accumulated over a long period of practical work on thermodynamic efficiency (degree of thermodynamic perfection) of real low-and high-temperature machines and plants. An entropostatistical version of the analysis is proposed.
- A. Bejan, Entropy Generation, CRC Press, Boca Ration, New York (1995).
- A. M. Arkharov, I. V. Marfenina, and E. I. Mikulin, Cryogenic Systems, Vol. 1: Fundamentals of Theory and Calculation [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1996).
- V. A. Kirillin, V. V. Sychev, and A. E. Sheindlin, Engineering Thermodynamics, 4th ed. [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1983).
- D. P. Gokhshtein, Modern Methods of Thermodynamic Analysis of Power Plants [in Russian], Énergiya, Moscow (1969).
- F. Boshnyakovich, Engineering Thermodynamics [in Russian], Gosénergoizdat, Moscow (1955).
- P. Shambadal’, Development and Application of the Concept of Entropy [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1967).
- Ya. M. Gel’fer, History and Methodology of Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1969).
- V. M. Brodyanskii (ed.), Problems of Thermodynamic Analysis [in Russian], Mir, Moscow (1965).
- M. P. Vukalovich and I. I. Novikov, Thermodynamics [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1972).
- A. Stodola, Die Dampfturbinen, Verlag von Julius Springer, Berlin (1910).
- B. F. Dodge, Chemical Thermodynamics [Russian translation], Izd. Inostr. Lit., Moscow (1950).
- G. D. Bayer, Engineering Thermodynamics [Russian translation from German], Mir, Moscow (1977).
- V. S. Martynovskii, Analysis of Actual Thermodynamic Cycles [in Russian], Énergiya, Moscow (1972).
- Actual energy loss due to entropy generation in low-and high-temperature machines and plants
Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
Volume 42, Issue 1-2 , pp 31-41
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Consultants Bureau
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors