Use of an Entropy Indicator to Predict the Quality of a Multi-Component Mixture of Granular Materials
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The feasibility of using a quality criterion for a multi-component mixture, which can be obtained on the basis of informational entropy to predict the composition of a batch produced in newly developed mixer models is examined. It is proposed that a system of kinetic Kolomogorov equations be used to determine the quantities defining the entropy.
- Yu. I. Makarov, Equipment for Mixing of Granular Materials [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1973).
- Yu. I. Makarov, “Fundamentals of analysis of the mixing of granular materials. Investigation and development of mixing equipment,” Author’s abstract of dissertation for Doctor of Technical Sciences, Moskovskii Institut Khimicheskogo Mashinostroeniya, Moscow (1975).
- V. V. Kafarov, I. N. Dorokhov, and S. Yu. Artyunov, Systems Analysis of Processes in Chemical Engineering. Size Reduction and Mixing of Granular Materials [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1988).
- V. N. Ivanets, I. A. Bakin, and G. N. Belousov, “Entropy approach to evaluation of the mixing of granular materials,” Khran. Pererab. Sel’khoz., No. 12, 16–18 (2002).
- Use of an Entropy Indicator to Predict the Quality of a Multi-Component Mixture of Granular Materials
Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
Volume 41, Issue 5-6 , pp 240-243
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Consultants Bureau
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors