Heat Exchange and Aerodynamic Drag in Cross-Flow Staggered Banks of Aluminum-Finned Tubes
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Results are presented for an experimental investigation of heat exchange and loss of air pressure in staggered six-row banks of air coolers (AC). Curves are presented for the coefficient of convective heat transfer of the fifth transverse row and the aerodynamic drag of six-row banks versus air velocity. It is pointed out that the results obtained can be used in optimizing tube spacing in the heat-exchange sections of AC.
- Baskakov, A. P., Munts, V. A., Filippovskii, N. F. (2002) Problems of the deep cooling of combustion products of natural gas in surface heat exchangers after heating and power-generating boilers. Proceedings of the Third Russian National Conference on Heat Exchange. Izdatel’stvo Moskovskogo Energeticheskogo Instituta, Moscow, pp. 119-122
- Kuntysh, V. B., Bessonnyi, A. N. eds. (1996) Fundamentals of Analysis and Design of Air-Cooling Heat Exchangers: Handbook. Nedra, Saint Petersburg
- Shmerkovich, V. M. (1967) Air-Cooling Equipment for Production Units at Oil-Refining and Chemical Plants. Design, Research, and Operating Experience. Tsentral’nyi Institut Nauchno-Tekhnicheskoi Informatsii Khimicheskogo i Neftyanogo Mashinostroeniya, Moscow
- V. B. Kuntysh, L. M. Fedotova, and G. A. Margolin, “Influence exerted on heat transfer by certain production factors of the fabrication of finned tubes,” in: Preparation and Refining of Gas and Gas Condensate: Abstracts of Scientific-Technical Collections of the All-Union Scientific-Research Institute of Power Engineering and Gas Industry [in Russian], No. 3 (1980), pp. 21–26.
- V. B. Kuntysh, A. E. Piir, A. I. Egorov, et al., “Experimental investigation of convective heat transfer and drag of air-cooling banks formed from bimetallic tubes,” Izv. Vuzov. Ser. Energ., No. 12, 89–93 (1977).
- Briggs, D. E., Young, E. H. (1963) Convection heat transfer and pressure drop of air flowing across triangular pitched banks of finned tubes. Chem. Enging. Progr. Symp. Ser. 59: pp. 1-10
- Kuntysh, V. B., Kuznetsov, N. M. (1992) Thermal and Aerodynamic Analyses of Finned Air-Cooling Heat Exchangers. Energoatomizdat, Saint Petersburg
- V. M. Legkii and Yu. K. Tupitsyn, “Some characteristic features heat exchange in cross-flow banks of tubes with external spiral-strip finning,” Izv. Vuzov. Ser. Energ., No. 2, 86–90 (1978).
- Theory of Similitude and Thermal Modeling. Collection in Memory of M. V. Kirpichev (Academy of Sciences of the USSR) [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1987).
- A. E. Piir and V. B. Kuntysh, “Effect of finned-tube arrangement in a staggered bank of air coolers on convective heat transfer and aerodynamic drag,” Izv. Vuzov. Ser. Neft’gaz, No. 5, 87–90 (1979).
- Antuf’ev, V. M. (1966) Effectiveness of Different Forms of Convective Heating Surfaces. Energiya, Moscow-Leningrad
- Heat Exchange and Aerodynamic Drag in Cross-Flow Staggered Banks of Aluminum-Finned Tubes
Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
Volume 41, Issue 3-4 , pp 116-121
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Consultants Bureau
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors