Heat Exchange and Aerodynamic Drag in Cross-Flow Staggered Banks of Aluminum-Finned Tubes
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Results are presented for an experimental investigation of heat exchange and loss of air pressure in staggered six-row banks of air coolers (AC). Curves are presented for the coefficient of convective heat transfer of the fifth transverse row and the aerodynamic drag of six-row banks versus air velocity. It is pointed out that the results obtained can be used in optimizing tube spacing in the heat-exchange sections of AC.
- A. P. Baskakov, V. A. Munts, N. F. Filippovskii, et al., “Problems of the deep cooling of combustion products of natural gas in surface heat exchangers after heating and power-generating boilers,” in: Proceedings of the Third Russian National Conference on Heat Exchange [in Russian], Vol. 1, Izdatel’stvo Moskovskogo Energeticheskogo Instituta, Moscow (2002), pp. 119–122.
- V. B. Kuntysh and A. N. Bessonnyi (eds.), Fundamentals of Analysis and Design of Air-Cooling Heat Exchangers: Handbook [in Russian], Nedra, Saint Petersburg (1996).
- V. M. Shmerkovich, Air-Cooling Equipment for Production Units at Oil-Refining and Chemical Plants. Design, Research, and Operating Experience [in Russian], Tsentral’nyi Institut Nauchno-Tekhnicheskoi Informatsii Khimicheskogo i Neftyanogo Mashinostroeniya, Moscow (1967).
- V. B. Kuntysh, L. M. Fedotova, and G. A. Margolin, “Influence exerted on heat transfer by certain production factors of the fabrication of finned tubes,” in: Preparation and Refining of Gas and Gas Condensate: Abstracts of Scientific-Technical Collections of the All-Union Scientific-Research Institute of Power Engineering and Gas Industry [in Russian], No. 3 (1980), pp. 21–26.
- V. B. Kuntysh, A. E. Piir, A. I. Egorov, et al., “Experimental investigation of convective heat transfer and drag of air-cooling banks formed from bimetallic tubes,” Izv. Vuzov. Ser. Energ., No. 12, 89–93 (1977).
- D. E. Briggs and E. H. Young, “Convection heat transfer and pressure drop of air flowing across triangular pitched banks of finned tubes,” Chem. Enging. Progr. Symp. Ser., 59, No.41, 1–10 (1963).
- V. B. Kuntysh and N. M. Kuznetsov, Thermal and Aerodynamic Analyses of Finned Air-Cooling Heat Exchangers [in Russian], Energoatomizdat, Saint Petersburg (1992).
- V. M. Legkii and Yu. K. Tupitsyn, “Some characteristic features heat exchange in cross-flow banks of tubes with external spiral-strip finning,” Izv. Vuzov. Ser. Energ., No. 2, 86–90 (1978).
- Theory of Similitude and Thermal Modeling. Collection in Memory of M. V. Kirpichev (Academy of Sciences of the USSR) [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1987).
- A. E. Piir and V. B. Kuntysh, “Effect of finned-tube arrangement in a staggered bank of air coolers on convective heat transfer and aerodynamic drag,” Izv. Vuzov. Ser. Neft’gaz, No. 5, 87–90 (1979).
- V. M. Antuf’ev, Effectiveness of Different Forms of Convective Heating Surfaces [in Russian], Energiya, Moscow-Leningrad (1966).
- Heat Exchange and Aerodynamic Drag in Cross-Flow Staggered Banks of Aluminum-Finned Tubes
Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
Volume 41, Issue 3-4 , pp 116-121
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Consultants Bureau
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors