Survey of Teaching, Training, and Research in the field of Economic and Business Ethics in Latin America
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The purpose of this investigation is to indicate the current status of Economic and Business Ethics (BE) in Latin America (LA) as part of a broader global study. The investigation done shows that, in general terms, LA is not much developed in the BE field. Analysing the most important findings it is possible to conclude that more topics are being studied and that activities are growing in the field of BE in LA. However, it is also clear that the field of BE remains clearly underdeveloped in the region. BE is addressed by only a few business schools in each country and a small number of NGOs in LA. In addition, until now little rigorous research has been conducted and publications in prestigious academic journals have been scarce. Studies in BE are still relatively rare and very locally focussed. From another perspective, there is a great difference in the level of activity across countries in the LA region. When looking at the future, corruption appears as the major concern, almost certainly due to the political, social, and ethical context that many of the nations in the region are experiencing. There is a strong need for more business schools and NGOs to join the task of researching, teaching and training in the broad spectrum of areas that fall within the scope of the field of business and economic ethics. In this respect, the need is glaring and the opportunities are enormous.
- Arruda, M. C. C., & Enderle, G. (2006). Is corporate ethics in Latin America becoming more articulated? Views from experts in the field. In Presentation at the Academy of Management, Atlanta, GA, USA.
- Pezoa, A., Riumalló, & M. P. (2012) (in print). Global Survey of Economic and Business Ethics in Latin America. In D. Rossouw et al. (Eds.), GSBE World Report. London: Edward Elgar Publishers.
- Survey of Teaching, Training, and Research in the field of Economic and Business Ethics in Latin America
Journal of Business Ethics
Volume 104, Issue 1 Supplement, pp 43-50
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Business Ethics (BE)
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Latin America (LA)
- Industry Sectors