Business Ethics as Field of Training, Teaching, and Research in East Asia
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
While Economic and Business Ethics has already attracted increasing attention in East Asia, a comprehensive survey of Economic and Business Ethics has never been done in this region. This study investigates the current status of Economic and Business Ethics as field of teaching, training and research in the East Asia region, particularly in China, Japan, and Korea. Based on multiple approaches that include questionnaire surveys, desktop analysis, and personal observation, this article reports on the current state of training, teaching, and research in the field of Economic and Business Ethics in the three countries. It also discusses similarities and differences with regard to these themes among the countries studied.
- Li, Y., & Gong, C. (2009). Research on corporate social responsibility in China. Journal of Xidian University (Social Science Edition), 1, 1–15.
- Lu, X. (1997). Business ethics in China. Journal of Business Ethics, 16, 1509–1518. CrossRef
- Lu, X. (2009). A Chinese perspective: Business ethics in China now and in the future. Journal of Business Ethics, 86, 451–461. CrossRef
- Lu, X. (2010). Business ethics: A Chinese approach. Shanghai: Shanghai Academy of Social Science Press.
- Taka, I. (1997). Business ethics in Japan. Journal of Business Ethics, 16, 1499–1508. CrossRef
- Wang, X. (2009). Academic development in ethics over sixty years in China. Morality and Civilization, 6, 6–12.
- Zhou, Z., & Zhou, Z. (2009). Development and prospect of ethics in China. Morality and Civilization, 6, 19–23.
- Zhou, Z., Ou, P., & Enderle, G. (2009). Business ethics education for MBA students in China: Current status and future prospects. Journal of Business Ethics Education, 6, 103–118.
- Zhu, J. (2007). Research history and hot issues review of business ethics in contemporary China. Academic Journal of Zhongzhou, 1, 144–148.
- Business Ethics as Field of Training, Teaching, and Research in East Asia
Journal of Business Ethics
Volume 104, Issue 1 Supplement, pp 19-27
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Business ethics
- East Asia
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Antai College of Economics and Management, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 535 Fahua Zhen Road, Shanghai, 200052, People’s Republic of China
- 2. Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Reitaku University, 2-1-1, Hikarigaoka, Kashiwa-shi, Chiba-ken, 277-8686, Japan
- 3. School of Management, Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales, Kensington, NSW, 2032, Australia