Professor Juha Näsi: A Professional and Personal Tribute
- Archie B. Carroll
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
It is an honor being invited to write this tribute to Professor Juha Näsi (1949–2008), one of our esteemed members of the profession whose life ended prematurely due to cancer. In particular, this tribute to Juha Näsi is in honor of the 2008 Stakeholder Mini-Conference that he organized and hosted in Tampere, Finland. However, this event was just one of many for which Juha will be remembered. Juha was a sociable, innovative, creative, and entrepreneurial individual. He reached out to many and made numerous professional and personal friends. Of all the professional contacts I have made with professors in other countries, Juha has stood out as a leader in international collaborations. He was constantly looking for new ways to bring scholars to his beloved country of Finland and he was an active participant in conferences and appointments held elsewhere in the world. Juha was truly a worldwide citizen who moved freely, frequently, and proficiently among difference cultures. He will be dee
- Carroll, A. B. (1989). Business and society: Ethics and stakeholder management (1st ed.). Cincinnati: South-Western Publishing Co.
- Freeman, R. E. (1984). Strategic management: A stakeholder approach. Boston: Pitman Publishing.
- Näsi, J. (Ed.). (1995). Understanding stakeholder thinking. Helsinki: LSR-Publications.
- Snyder, R. (2003). The Optimist’s Guide to Finland. Helsinki: Yrityskirjat Oy.
- Professor Juha Näsi: A Professional and Personal Tribute
Journal of Business Ethics
Volume 96, Issue 1 Supplement, pp 3-5
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA