Sinc-based computations of eigenvalues of Dirac systems
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The celebrated classical sampling theorem is used to compute approximate values of the eigenvalues of Dirac systems with eigenvalue parameter in the boundary conditions. We deal with problems with an eigenparameter in one or two boundary conditions. The error analysis is established considering both truncation and amplitude errors associated with the sampling theorem. We indicate the role of the amplitude error as well as other parameters in the method via illustrative examples.
AMS subject classification (2000)
- M. Z. Abd-alla and M. H. Annaby, Sampling of vector-valued transforms associated with Green’s matrix of Dirac systems, J. Math. Anal. Appl., 284 (2003), pp. 104–117. CrossRef
- M. H. Annaby and R. M. Asharabi, On sinc-based method in computing eigenvalues of boundary value problems, to appear in SIAM J. Num. Anal.
- M. H. Annaby and M. M. Tharwat, On sampling and Dirac systems with eigenparameter in the boundary conditions, submitted.
- A. Boumenir, The sampling method for Sturm–Liouville problems with the eigenvalue parameter in the boundary condition, Numer. Funct. Anal. Optimization, 21 (2000), pp. 67–75. CrossRef
- P. L. Butzer, G. Schmeisser and R. L. Stens, An introduction to sampling analysis, in Non Uniform Sampling: Theory and Practices, F. Marvasti (ed.), Kluwer, New York (2001), pp. 17–121.
- P. L. Butzer, W. Splettstösser and R. L. Stens, The sampling theorem and linear prediction in signal analysis, Jahresber. Deutsch. Math.-Verein., 90 (1988), pp. 1–70.
- K. Chadan and P. C. Sabatier, Inverse Problems in Quantum Scattering Theory, Springer, Berlin, 1989.
- D. Jagerman, Bounds for truncation error of the sampling expansion, SIAM. J. Appl. Math., 14 (1966), pp. 714–723. CrossRef
- N. B. Kerimov, A boundary value problem for the Dirac system with a spectral parameter in the boundary conditions, Differ. Equations, 38 (2002), pp. 164–174. CrossRef
- B. M. Levitan and I. S. Sargsjan, Introduction to spectral theory: selfadjoint ordinary differential operators, in Translation of Mathematical Monographs, vol. 39, American Mathematical Society, Providence, 1975.
- B. M. Levitan and I. S. Sargsjan, Sturm–Liouville and Dirac Operators, Kluwer Acadamic, Dordrecht, 1991.
- J. Lund and K. Bowers, Sinc Methods for Quadrature and Differential Equations, SIAM, Philadelphia, 1992.
- F. Stenger, Numerical methods based on Whittaker cardinal, or sinc functions, SIAM Rev., 23 (1981), pp. 165–224. CrossRef
- F. Stenger, Numerical Methods Based on Sinc and Analytic Functions, Springer, New York, 1993.
- A. I. Zayed and A. G. García, Sampling theorem associated with Dirac operator and Hartley transform, J. Math. Anal. Appl., 214 (1997), pp. 587–598. CrossRef
- Sinc-based computations of eigenvalues of Dirac systems
BIT Numerical Mathematics
Volume 47, Issue 4 , pp 699-713
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Dirac systems
- eigenvalue problems with eigenparameter in the boundary conditions
- sinc methods
- Industry Sectors